Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dropedit
    • By Dropedit 5th Aug 18, 8:44 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dropedit
    Witness Statement
    • 5th Aug 18, 8:44 PM
    Witness Statement 5th Aug 18 at 8:44 PM
    Witness Statement
    #16 4th Aug 18, 10:44 AM
    Does this look okay for my Witness Statement ?

In the County Court at XXXXX
    Claim No. XXXXXX
    Between
    Civil Enforcement Ltd (Claimant)
    and
    XXXXXX(Defendant)

Witness Statement

1. I am [Name], of [ Address].[Postcode], the Defendant in this matter. I will say as follows:

2. On [DATE], I parked my vehicle reigistration No. [XXXXX] in the car park at the rear of XXX
    The XXXXX [Postcode]

3. I parked in a marked parking bay and after reading the payment instructions used my mobile phone to pay for my two hours of parking.

4. No text message was received to confirm the transaction, so I wrote the time to vacate the parking site on my wife!!!8217;s hospital appointment letter.

5. I returned to the car park and left in my vehicle with some fifteen minutes to spare.

6. Upon receipt of a parking charge notice from the Claimant I contacted them and pointed out that I had made payment and had proof.

7. I have a statement from my mobile phone company showing that I had made payment to park, attached as Exhibit A.

8. The Claimant sent me a letter asking me to give them details of my mobile phone. I thought this odd as they should have this information to hand, I did not respond.

9.The Claimant has never explained to me why they believe I am at fault, it could be any of the conditions they impose: If you (a) do not pay within 10 minutes of arrival; or (b) overstay the purchased parking time; or (c) do not enter your full, exact, registration number when making your payment, you agree to pay the standard fee of 100 to Civil Enforcement Limited. Disabled badge holders are not exempt from these conditions.

10. I invite the Court to dismiss this claim in its entirety, and to award my costs of attendance at the hearing, such as is allowable pursuant to CPR 27.14

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.

Signature

Date
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Aug 18, 8:47 PM
    • 20,584 Posts
    • 32,506 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Aug 18, 8:47 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 8:47 PM
    No idea what you are talking about. How can anyone advise sensibly on a Witness Statement presented in isolation when there is no knowledge about what it relates to.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Aug 18, 8:51 PM
    • 11,255 Posts
    • 11,823 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Aug 18, 8:51 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 8:51 PM
    Dropedit, is this any different to the Witness Statement you posted yesterday?
    If so, where exactly?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 6th Aug 18, 10:12 AM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 2,364 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:12 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:12 AM
    Does it relate to this thread? If so, send a PM to Crabman, Savy or Soolin and ask for your threads to be merged.
    • Dropedit
    • By Dropedit 6th Aug 18, 11:03 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dropedit
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:03 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:03 AM
    Le_Kirk No it dosen't
    Last edited by Dropedit; 06-08-2018 at 11:13 AM. Reason: no name
    • Dropedit
    • By Dropedit 6th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dropedit
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    There is no difference KeithP. but then again I did not get any response to yesterdays question so I guess I am getting desperate.
    I need to get my Witness Statement posted this week as I will travelling and will miss the deadline otherwise.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,458Posts Today

8,495Users online

Martin's Twitter