Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cypher007
    • By cypher007 5th Aug 18, 8:37 PM
    • 265Posts
    • 35Thanks
    cypher007
    Evans halshaw changing offer
    • 5th Aug 18, 8:37 PM
    Evans halshaw changing offer 5th Aug 18 at 8:37 PM
    Yes I know they haven!!!8217;t got the best reputation.

Anyway offered £9910 on my car took the car to them about 5 day later so still within the quote time limit. They did an apparaisal and found nothing wrong with the car. They then kept me waiting about 15 mins while I assume someone at the head office came back with a buy price. It came back £9542? I asked why and they said it was because I had said it had a full service history when it wasn!!!8217;t actually due yet. Ok I thought I!!!8217;ll walk away and do a bit of research.

This is what I!!!8217;ve found it seems the service history is an excuse and it!!!8217;s more to do with the fact the first quote was on 1 August and the second on the 3rd August.

I figured this out by using the reg from 2 cars identical to mine and using the same mileage figure. I then put one with a full service history and one first service not due. Both came back at the same amount they have offered on my car.

My advice would be when you get the quote go straight there as early as possible.

As for me I wonder if I have any recourse to get them to pay me the original quote as it should have still valid. Will have a look a the t and c.
    Last edited by cypher007; 05-08-2018 at 8:49 PM.
Page 2
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 6th Aug 18, 9:16 AM
    • 1,467 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    Carrot007
    Am I not making things clear?
    Originally posted by cypher007

Not fully but thanks for clarifying. I now agree with you. Best go somewhere dececnt though if you don't want this.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 6th Aug 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,467 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    Carrot007
    Also it wouldnít have been misinformation as I had booked it in for a service that day at SEAT. I then find when I get there that, even though the service light has been on for nearly a month while I was sorting out the service day, they canít do the service until October 1. This is because the VAG service agr eement wonít let them do it early. Probably another good reason to go back to an old car. My view is if the lights on it wants doing. Anyway so they reset the light and told me to come back in October. I then went round to halshaws to sell it.
    Originally posted by cypher007

Sounds wrong to me. Services are done on milage or interval, whichever comes first. I assume your light have come on because of the distancec travelled. Sounds really bad for the car if they only want to do on time. Still maybe there were better plans you did not sign up for.
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 6th Aug 18, 10:15 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    Sounds wrong to me. Services are done on milage or interval, whichever comes first. I assume your light have come on because of the distancec travelled. Sounds really bad for the car if they only want to do on time. Still maybe there were better plans you did not sign up for.
    Originally posted by Carrot007
    5000 miles.

It's 11 months old and not due a service until October?

Take it back to Seat and get them to service it.
    Hi there! Weíve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youíre unsure why itís been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,641Posts Today

7,712Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin