Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 5th Aug 18, 6:36 PM
    • 20,660Posts
    • 234,639Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 6th August 2018
    • 5th Aug 18, 6:36 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 6th August 2018 5th Aug 18 at 6:36 PM
    What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don't stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    WUDUPA ~ washed up, dried up, put away
    WUALTD ~ washed up and left to dry
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Monday Munchroom Mess - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Empty bin and wipe/wash it out - keave it outside to dry in the sunshine it out
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe stuff as you put it back - kettle etc Don't forget the toaster crumb tray
    Clear table; dust, wipe/polish - don't forget the legs
    Clean whatever you sit on - Don't forget the legs - and turn them over and look under the seat...told you! How icky does it get where fingers go and eyes don't see!

Level 2

Rinse out that cloth and wipe sockets and switches and door handles
    Wipe down cupboard fronts and fascias - paying special attention to handles
    Spring clean - pick a neglected drawer or cupboard, empty it and wipe it out.
    Wipe window sills and clean the windows
    Clean out fridge and weave anything on its last leg into your mealplan
    Wipe splashbacks/tiles

Level 3

Dust any dining room furniture
    Wipe skirting boards
    Sweep/mop/polish floor

Extras

Binbag Dance
    HHI
    S&S bathroom
    check diary for the week - have you got all the cards you need?
    Deal with a pile!
    sweep/mop/vacuum floors

Triffic Tuesday - out on the tiles
    (Bathrooms and en suites)

Level 1

Remove shower curtains and towels - wash that shower curtain!
    Wipe down shower screens and cubicles
    Scrub bath
    Give shower heads a bath in lemon juice
    Polish all brightwork (chrome bits - taps & hoses)
    Clean shower tray
    Slosh a good glug of bleach down drains/overflows

Level 2

Flush loo and spray bowl with cream cleaner and SCRUB - under the rim, below the waterline and all over the bowl.
    Flush loo again
    Wipe seat, lid and outside of loo - including where you can't see...
    Slop some bleach all over the inside of the loo
    With a clean cloth wipe switches, pull cord, door handles and loo roll holder
    Rinse loo brush and dry it outside in the sun

Level 3

Scrub the sink = don't forget the underneath the plug!
    Bleach the drain
    Wipe the pedestal/cupboard over
    Polish and mirrors, glass and your heated towel rail
    Clean the floor - vacuum or mop
    Put out fresh towels

Extras

HHI
    S&S kitchen
    Cook a 'double' meal and freeze the spare ready for when you need/deserve a lazy evening
    Book out some me time...or some couple time...or both
    Go through your odd socks - if any of them have been there a l-o-n-g time bite the bullet and bin them!
    If you're working your way through your kitchen cupboards (Natty asked us to clean one last week!)clean out another one!
    Check those PE kits made it into the wash
    Start name labelling any new uniform, including shoes (please!)

Wednesday - Living Room Loveliness

Level 1

Open the windows!
    Empty any bins.
    Sort through the magazine rack - and fling.
    Give the cushions a good plumping.
    Remove anything that doesn't live here.
    With a damp cloth wipe remotes, light switches and the bit just above and below the door handles, where sticky fingers leave residues. And the handles too, of course

Level Two
    Lift sofa cushions, swap around if you can and vacuum all those crevices
    Dust everywhere - check for cobwebs!
    Dust/vacuum light fittings - wash any glass shades

Level Three
    Wipe/dust skirting boards
    Move all the furniture you can and vacuum/sweep/mop under it

Chillies - - your home will be lovely if you help too!
    Make your own bed.

Remove anything icky from your rooms and bin it.
    Lift everything off the floor and vacuum it.
    Put your clean clothes away tidily and your dirty clothes in the laundry.

Extras
    Sort out your herbs and spices - fling OOD stuff!
    Are all your gloves, hats and scarves washed?
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom

Thursday Thrills-in-the-bedroom

Level 1 strip off

the bedsheets - and fling them in the washer
    Open the window (if it's not actually raining) and leave the bed to air.
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe
    Do this as soon as you arise from your slumber and let the bed air.
    Make the aired bed with clean linen

Level 2 - by the bed
    clean and clear those bedside cabinets
    move then (if you can) and vacuum under them
    dust/polish/wipe as appropriate and put them back.
    Dust anywhere else

Level 3 go the whole hog
    dust everywhere else
    polish mirrors
    vacuum

Extras
    bedside cabinet drawers - empty; discard all carp, put back only what you need there
    HHI
    Sweep the patio (especially if the bunny has been digging up moss and making it messy)
    Freezer inventory? You will be stocking up for Christmas soon (or any other festival you celebrate) so what can be used up to free up some space? Meal plan to use stuff up

Friday Frenzy - pick a room - any room
    Conservatory, dining room, kids room, spare room,...

Level 1
    Open the windows
    If there's a bed in here strip it and wash the bedding
    If it's other soft furnishings vacuum
    Throw out any obvious rubbish
    Clear the floor

level 2
    Wipe the windows/frames/sills
    Remake the bed (if there is one)
    plump cushions

Level 3
    dust and vacuum

Extras
    Buy fresh flowers and put them somewhere you will see them, often
    Wipe and water houseplants
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    MAD half hour
    make sure you've got your preferred tipple chilling
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Last edited by Valli; 08-08-2018 at 9:33 PM.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
Page 5
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 9th Aug 18, 7:35 AM
    • 5,336 Posts
    • 52,855 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    I can't keep up, but I am in here in spirit.
    Keeping it AF
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 9th Aug 18, 8:45 AM
    • 2,528 Posts
    • 37,208 Thanks
    ionafan
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Me too.

Today I have already
    - finished preparing for toddler group later this morning
    - almost finished the Minutes of yesterday's meeting
    - had breakfast
    - loaded the DW
    - wiped the kitchen worktops

Once I'm dressed (!) I'll go and feed DS1's hens and hopefully collect some eggs. Might take Rosie with me and give her a short walk across the field for a change.

Then
    - DH has to go for an xray
    - I shall be running the toddler group, with their older siblings
    - I need to get the Minutes and papers sent off
    - I have to make a start a large Gift Aid claim

I am determined to relax and watch some TV this evening (which probably means that I'll fall asleep on the sofa, even sitting upright. I usually do )

Have a good day, all. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
    -
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 9th Aug 18, 9:10 AM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 124,827 Thanks
    kazwookie
    ATB enjoy your girly time
    HB, I gave up keeping up years ago, I do what I can when I can, if folk don't like it they can help or ignore it!

Noise from house yesterday, turned out to be local workmen (who I knew) being 'supervised' by the owners grandmother, re doing some paving / patio area out the back of the house, large dog had a bark at them, all was good, so we left them to it.

WM is on
    Downstairs has been hoovered

It rained here over night at some point, for I would guess all of 5 mins if that, as the ground is dry, the rain is on the patio table and car.

I am going to gather seeds from the dead flowers to ready grow in the spring for next year flowers.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on!
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 9th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 9,171 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Morning

I fluttered between dizzy spells yesterday: WM x 2 dried outside and folded; made beds; fed birds; put out rubbish and recycling. DS had his first day in his new job at the Uni of pigpen-land, and came home quietly confident that he's made the right move.

to pigpen xx

No rain here but it's cooler than of late No excuse for not bumbling a little again today then.

Love to all

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • Valli
    • By Valli 9th Aug 18, 10:04 AM
    • 20,660 Posts
    • 234,639 Thanks
    Valli
    Free WiFi at EMA and two hours to kill. Flights only 1:10
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 9th Aug 18, 12:32 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 22,994 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    I'm right with you.

This week has been the usual pick'n'mix.
    Good: have been to the gym lots, had an interesting flower club workshop and am fairly pleased with the "cascade" arrangement I did; kept on top of both clothes and dish washing; ditto plant watering and bird feeding; have kept clutter down to a reasonable level and done a few extras like taking everything off kitchen pinboard and getting rid of old stuff. Bathrooms ok and Mr N does a lot of kitchen cleaning. And it's raining

Bad: as it's been so random, it's hard to tell what to do next apart from any obvious webs etc and most rooms need vacuuming; major time and stress used as our solar panels seem to have stopped working about 2 weeks ago. Long and convoluted tale involving a scam/dishonest company which we have spent effort investigating. Proper engineer can't come till 21st so we're trying not to think of all the money lost while it's sunny. Will report rogue once engineer has been.

Enough rambling, off to gym now via post office.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 9th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 9,171 Thanks
    roundtuit
    I've made the beds; cleared the floordrobe in DS's room; WMx1 is on the line (darks from floordrobe); fed the birds; filled the birdbath; put out the recycling and done an online shop, to be delivered tomorrow evening, remembering to use my vouchers and including three birthday presents needed between Saturday and Tuesday - my brother will be 57 on Saturday; DS's GF will be 25 on Sunday and Mum will be 83 on Tuesday.

Then it's my turn on 1st September 58 how did that happen?

Just took in a parcel for DS - unexpected knock at front door had me reaching down for the key in my bag... bad move: but managed to weeble to the door and unlock it to take in the parcel whilst leaning nonchalantly against the wall for balance. Feel a bit sick now, but it'll pass .

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 9th Aug 18, 7:08 PM
    • 4,610 Posts
    • 38,589 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    What a week! Lots of paid stuff, dog to vets (more medication), new car collected, DH has taken DS2 to play footie tonight so I have feet up.

I have been full of cold but on the mend now. Flying has been minimal but I am doing my best. Its fair to say that the house could be a bit cleaner and tidier!

I have hardly seen my teenager.s DS1 has been horse riding and spending time with his GF when he is not at work. DS2 was at the seaside with his GF yesterday and was at work with his Dad today. Doesnt seem five minutes since we were going out for days in the school holidays.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Aug 18, 8:05 AM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 124,827 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

Eye appointment made on line.
    Going to sort out my old frames, as this time I will be sending off the frames to have new lenses put in, as I cannot afford, new frames as well.
    Bright and sunny here, but I think it will cloud up in a bit

Going to sort out my strawberry patch later on, as it has runners all over the place / brown leaves.

Have a good day
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on!
    • Frizzle
    • By Frizzle 10th Aug 18, 8:19 AM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 15,700 Thanks
    Frizzle
    Morning all.
    Visitors go home today. House isn't looking too bad apart from my room which became a dumping ground when i was tidying the rest of the house up!!! Lol!! So that will be my first mission and then the two rooms they were staying in (mainly washing the bedding)

Thursday Thrills-in-the-bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window (if it's not actually raining) and leave the bed to air.
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe
    Do this as soon as you arise from your slumber and let the bed air.

Level 2 - by the bed
    clean and clear those bedside cabinets
    move then (if you can) and vacuum under them
    dust/polish/wipe as appropriate and put them back.
    Dust anywhere else

Level 3 go the whole hog
    dust everywhere else
    polish mirrors
    vacuum

Extras
    Freezer inventory? You will be stocking up for Christmas soon (or any other festival you celebrate) so what can be used up to free up some space? Meal plan to use stuff up

Friday Frenzy - spare room and play room

Level 1
    Open the windows
    If there's a bed in here strip it and wash the bedding
    Clear the floor

level 2
    Remake the bed (if there is one)
    plump cushions

Extras
    S&S kitchen
    MAD half hour
    make sure you've got your preferred tipple chilling
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 10th Aug 18, 8:23 AM
    • 2,956 Posts
    • 21,208 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning All,

Had a lovely few hours out yesterday, much needed! Need to continue the dreading packing this morning, I really dislike packing to go away!

I have just finished off the towels that were draped over the airer last night in the TD, emptied and reloaded DW and will make brekkie now.

Have fab days all x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 10th Aug 18, 10:32 AM
    • 5,336 Posts
    • 52,855 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    I have a sin to confess.

I've fallen asleep twice this week watching TV in the evenings. That's never happened to me before, indeed, not being able to sleep anywhere by a bed, horizontally, has been a huge problem for me all my life, what with 36 hour flights and train journeys. So even I accept that things can't go on as they are.

OH and I have had several conversations about how to deal with the fact that he's just not willing to pitch in and do stuff around the house apart from that which he already does - he'll buy a few plants now and then and pot them up, cook three nights a week, wash up when I cook and that's pretty much it, reliably. Occasionally on Saturdays he'll do a couple of hours of DIY but he really, really hates it. So I've been learning how to do it and I'm pretty good at it now, but goodness it takes up time.

He's been trying to get us to have a cleaner for a couple of years and I realised that I know someone who says she enjoys cleaning and has said loads of time that she wants to help me because she knows I'm busy. (I've been helping her with something long term.) She and her partner have a smashing little boy and she can't afford childcare and I wouldn't mind her bringing him along, he's so well behaved. Although apart from him I'm pretty allergic to most kids.

Frankly a bit of dust and doghair don't bother me but cumulatively they seem to be bothering OH, and the person in question could really, really do with some extra income.

Am I going to be expelled from The MSE Flylady Collective if I knit all of these things together?
    Keeping it AF
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 124,827 Thanks
    kazwookie
    HB, no one is going to expelle you from FL

Your OH if he is bothered by the dust and doghair could do some thing about it himself, or like you have thought could get a cleaner in (plus her child) for a few hours a week.

How much would this cost you per week, and can you afford it? (don't answer this question on here, but just think about it) sometimes we all get ideas and run off at a tangent with them....

Personally as you are so busy I would get the cleaner in, but on the other side, can you arrange things so you are 'less busy'? give something up / hand something on to some one else

4 more items on eby (if they sell, less to clean, win win)
    Kitchen is done
    It is finally raining here, enough to made the garden wet!
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on!
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 10th Aug 18, 10:47 AM
    • 763 Posts
    • 9,181 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Am I going to be expelled from The MSE Flylady Collective if I knit all of these things together?
    Never!! We need you here. And for goodness sake, it isn't like you aren't going 110 miles per hour even with some flying help. And I need to learn some diy, so could do with some tips

You can thank me later for the rain - yes we are off on holibobs at the weekend, so of course it is forecast to rain. You can rely on me to break a heatwave.

I had a lovely day yesterday with my BF and her OH. Obviously that restricted the flying. Again. This morning I have destroyed the huge ironing mountain, the DW is running, and I really need a kick up the derrière to get the bathrooms clean. I hate coming back to bathrooms that haven't been cleaned. Best get motivated, I guess.

Have a lovely day all. And a fab holiday, Valli.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 10th Aug 18, 11:46 AM
    • 5,336 Posts
    • 52,855 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Thanks Kazwookie and Fayolle. We can afford it - OH is paying! We both had cleaners before we met each other but I was working full time and he just hates, loathes and detests doing it. He's 71 - it would be kind of unfair of me to deny him this, wouldn't it?!

The yard has taken a huge toll on my time and yesterday the excellent builder finished his work but did something thoughtless and thus created an extra job for me. I've had to cover the cut wood with plastic bags to stop it getting wet but it's going to be dry later so I can repaint the ends, today and tomorrow with the fabulous paint that is a joy to work with.

Note to self and any other new DIYers - go to specialist paint suppliers (Cr*wn in this case) and talk to the older lady who works there to get the best paint for the job you're doing. Don't buy cheap carp from the orange DIY place. Write exactly what it is on the lid with a big black indelible pen: Exterior Wood, Undercoat and Overcoat, White, as opposed to: Exterior Brick and Stone, Undercoat and Overcoat, White. Don't want to get those two mixed up. And I want to get the front door and back gate done, too, because they look carp, but that may have to wait until next year. I've got too much on getting ready for Christmas Fairs.

And minutes. The bl**dy minutes.

I've been getting up at 6.30 to do the DIY before getting on with everything else and I'm just worn out.

If I put a paintbrush in OH's hand it goes EVERYWHERE.
    Keeping it AF
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 10th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 10,822 Posts
    • 119,055 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Same here.

I'm afraid I'm just not having as much time to spend on MSE; been headless-chickening it trying to get Mr LW's meds organised, and something has to give.

Need to get the midden right for Sunday's meet'n'greet, so off to scrub the loo next.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 10th Aug 18, 12:55 PM
    • 2,528 Posts
    • 37,208 Thanks
    ionafan
    Thanks Kazwookie and Fayolle. We can afford it - OH is paying! ... He's 71 - it would be kind of unfair of me to deny him this, wouldn't it?!
    Definitely
    And minutes. The bl**dy minutes.
    I sympathise - mine only ran to 2 pages, but that was enough.
    If I put a paintbrush in OH's hand it goes EVERYWHERE.
    My DH can't paint walls/woodwork without doing that too, so how come he can paint model figures without spilling anything or daubing himself from head to toe in Wode Blue colour?

Unexpected outlay this morning: £59.10 on 3 xrays and 2 extractions. I have had grumbling toothache for a while from a wisdom tooth with a very large, ancient filling, and next to it just the roots of a tooth that broke up about 20 years ago, which had been (very successfully) capped with filler. The dentist reckoned that the wisdom tooth was dead at the roots (which it was) and offered to deal with the other at the same time. I now have a load of sutures and the local anaesthetic (which was extremely effective - I felt no pain at the time) is just beginning to wear off.

I can't concentrate on the Gift Aid claim so I'm going to lie down on the sofa and catch up on some TV trash until 3.00, when I can finally have a hot drink.
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 10th Aug 18, 1:53 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 22,994 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    HB a cleaner sounds totally justified and if OH is happy to pay for someone who needs the money to do something which she enjoys and he hates - great situation. Not like you are sitting around, and please don't leave us.
    Iona ouch, take those pain killers quickly. You need to be better for next week!

Bucketing with rain here for the 2nd day which is great for the garden but imagine less popular with Mr N and 2 friends out on their motorbikes. Glad I declined and went to the gym.

Good news on the solar panel repair; engineer has a cancellation for next Tues so fingers crossed.

This afternoon I plan to:
    Vacuum everywhere
    Put away whatever I find in the wrong place
    Finish a student diary
    Change a pension
    Cull some emails.

Better get a move on.......
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 10th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    • 24,969 Posts
    • 100,261 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    It's bloody genetic.They're all bloody morons.

Somebody's father has quite obviously had a stroke but wouldn't call an ambulance or see a doctor about it. And somebody's sister was 'quite worried' but didn't think he needed a doctor when it happened two weeks ago. So losing the use of his arm and struggling to walk at the age of 65 - as an improvement from 2 weeks ago - is NORMAL?

They are all bloody idiots.

FIL has promised upon pain of my hunting him down that he will see his GP tonorrow and call an ambulance if he feels unwell at any point.

Honestly, if his kids had a brain cell between them, I'd be stunned right now.

On a very slow coach home now.

FFS.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 10th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    • 36,835 Posts
    • 474,082 Thanks
    pigpen
    DD1's OH broke his wrist skateboarding down a flyover.. so has been in hospital 4 days having surgery.. I've had small beasts.
    MIL has a twisted bowel and had surgery last night so she is in hospital.

OH has his last shift before our hollibobs tomorrow 11am-9pm
    I still have the ability to eat nothing at all without huge amounts of pain, I'm still spending half my life in bed
    I'm so foggy and dizzy and nauseous and feverish ALL the time.. I actually feel like I'm getting worse, not better..

As a result I have done absolutely sweet FA all week.. again... I've become a total miserable whining snivelling witch and I hate myself.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/07/2018 £52998.57 (2.41% int.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

828Posts Today

6,825Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should fracking be allowed in the UK? A test site reopened this week to much local protest.? https://t.co/orpNJN6Bf9

• Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• Follow Martin