PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th August 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you ladies for the lists. Sorry, Valli, I've only just mastered quotes, I think I might be rubbish at setting lists.

Roundtuit - glad you've got a name for it, and hopefully the meds will sort you out quickly.

It's a full day at work today, a few things planned for the week ahead, and then we are away at the weekend. Flying? Level 1 and anything else is a bonus this week. Why do I always think that school holidays means more flying time? You would think I would learn by now.
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Motivational update...

Monday Munchroom Mess - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe stuff as you put it back - kettle etc
    Clean whatever you sit on - Don't forget the legs - and turn them over and look under the seat...told you! How icky does it get where fingers go and eyes don't see!

Level 2

Rinse out that cloth and wipe sockets and switches and door handles
    Wipe window sills and clean the windows
    Wipe splashbacks/tiles

Level 3

Dust any dining room furniture
    Wipe skirting boards
    Sweep/mop/polish floor

Extras

Binbag Dance
    HHI
    Deal with a pile

1x wm

Urggh. Felt like i could.tick.loads off but as usual have been flitting. Will.concentrate on getting the kitchen done!! Xx
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello

I'm in :)

Thanks for all the lists

Clearing up from a mad weekend, is now done, kitchen table is the dumping ground for everything I bought that is now going on eby.

Going to take the photos in a bit, very hot outside so a nice inside job is just what I need.

All washing is done, inc all the extra bedding / sheets/ towels etc
    Whole house hoovered
    All bins done
    And loads of other small stuff done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dogs got walked, dentist visited, kitchen emptied of appliances (which means now the rest of the house is in disarray and I can't do some of the jobs I planned. Washing is up to date, but not put away yet.

Hot again and I CBA to do anything else today.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My once in a blue moon check in, I need the help of flylady today to keep me motivated on what has been a day from hell so far :(

Our 6 year old dog died in the night. He had not been ill so vet wants to do a post mortem to see why a perfectly fit dog should die so suddenly and in the way he did

I have taken the day off work as had to take him to the vet etc and clean where he was. Need to disinfect everywhere and keep an eye on our other dog as he is so confused as to where his buddy is.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    So far:

dry cleaning collected
    Prescription collected
    Aldi shop done
    Charity shop visited
    VAT return done
    Work admin for DH done
    Car cleaned
    Birthday cards bought
    Three loads of washing on the line

And loooads of other small things. Phew!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Options
    DD2's belongings shifted to her new place... I now need to do a huge amount of flingage in the middle room and maybe even get all OTT and drag out a roller and spruce it up.. so sick of everywhere looking tired. I don't feel up to any of it but I cannot abide the state of the house at the moment.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 2:56PM
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your dog, Gilly.

I'm sorry I didn't do the lists this week, Valli. Next time you need a stand in I'll volunteer if no-one else does.

Still working in and on the yard, so indoor flying will have to carry on waiting.

Shame.
    Better is good enough.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,020 Forumite
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Hi,Roundtuit - glad you've got a name for it, and hopefully the meds will sort you out quickly.

Thank you xx I'm not sure why giving it a name helps - but it does :o

hugs to gilly xx how awful for you? Such a shock xx

Seed & water for Sweetie next. He has been an attentive companion over the past few days. Unfortunately he can't drive... but DS is on his way home from his holiday in Budapest and he can :D

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Gilly sorry to hear about your dog, hugs, and welcome back to the thread.

Another 15 items / job lots up on eby

It is now 43 degrees on my patio, the cat followed me out, and we both came back in fair sharpish, he is now lying upside down, waving his paws around.

Another phone agrument / discussion with bank today, so now I have to go and show ID tomorrow morning, 'please don't be late kaz' bluddy cheek of it all, I wouldn't mind if I was a newbee to their bank, but I have banked with them for about 10 years or so.
    I was only doing my normal new month money shuffle and was well well below the money laundering levels by1,000's ~' your account is now blocked until you contact us' err stomp stomp I now have to pay for parking in CMK, are they going to refund me that no, that is why I bank online, (other suitable swear words here) stomp stomp
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills