Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneysavvy35
    • By moneysavvy35 5th Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    • 376Posts
    • 165Thanks
    moneysavvy35
    0 WOW
    Las Vegas - 4 Nights only - Are we mad?
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    0 WOW
    Las Vegas - 4 Nights only - Are we mad? 5th Aug 18 at 12:34 AM
    seen a deal for 558 for 4 night stay in Las Vegas - Cosmopolitan Hotel, but indirect flights. Is this a good deal? & what do you think about the duration. Im thinking its a fair bit of money to spend, for such a short space of time, but my friends really want to do it

What do you guys think about this?
Page 2
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 6th Aug 18, 4:40 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    koalakoala
    You will be fine, life is short!
    • photome
    • By photome 6th Aug 18, 5:07 PM
    • 13,395 Posts
    • 8,934 Thanks
    photome
    Thanks for your replies guys. this would be in May next year. unfortunately we really can't afford direct flights so it's indirect or nothing...!!!9785; it does include Baggage....you are all right...I have already written off the 1st day as we would be arriving around 6.30pm.

thier are 7 of us going so room would be 2 2 and 3. I am quickly learning about these resort fees ...wow!!

I will check out the other forum you mentioned for tips etc

Thanks again
    Originally posted by moneysavvy35

Just another thought, it is possible that those flights will be rescheduled between now and then, giving you a longer/shorter flight times, so do be aware that can happen

who is the package with, that does seem very cheap for 4 nights at the Cosmo inc flights, are you sure they are live prices
    Last edited by photome; 06-08-2018 at 5:10 PM.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 6th Aug 18, 6:56 PM
    • 25,072 Posts
    • 12,326 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    IMO Vegas is too far to travel just for 4 nights but if OP thinks they can do it then go for it.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • moneysavvy35
    • By moneysavvy35 6th Aug 18, 11:36 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    moneysavvy35
    Just another thought, it is possible that those flights will be rescheduled between now and then, giving you a longer/shorter flight times, so do be aware that can happen

who is the package with, that does seem very cheap for 4 nights at the Cosmo inc flights, are you sure they are live prices
    Originally posted by photome
    Yes they are/were live prices. we have booked. so just gonna go for it and hope for the best...lol...we did actually see this deal even cheaper flying with United Airlines- they had promo sale going on and we could have got the mgm grand for 501 but we were too hesitant and lost out on those. so decided to pay a little more and go with Cosmo and AA.

Yes one concern is they could move the flights about - i won t be happy at all...would the travel agent be able to do something about that?!

thanks for your all advice everyone..!!!128522;
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 6th Aug 18, 11:58 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    stevie11
    OP, if there is a schedule change to your flight which could impact your transfer flight and therefore arrival time, do the research and find alternatives with AA or maybe BA then contact the travel agent or airline sooner rather than later. I have found AA to be quite accommodating in these circumstance but that was with flights booked direct with the airline.
    • photome
    • By photome 7th Aug 18, 6:25 AM
    • 13,395 Posts
    • 8,934 Thanks
    photome
    Yes they are/were live prices. we have booked. so just gonna go for it and hope for the best...lol...we did actually see this deal even cheaper flying with United Airlines- they had promo sale going on and we could have got the mgm grand for 501 but we were too hesitant and lost out on those. so decided to pay a little more and go with Cosmo and AA.

Yes one concern is they could move the flights about - i won t be happy at all...would the travel agent be able to do something about that?!

thanks for your all advice everyone..!!!128522;
    Originally posted by moneysavvy35

who did you book with.

the airline wont deal with you if you booked through an agent, but the agent should help but some are more helpful than others.

as stevie says if it happens find some alternatives as that you would be happy with

Its also possible the agent may delay in telling you so its worth keeping on eye on the airlines website. Can you log in and see your flight details on the airlines website
    • moneysavvy35
    • By moneysavvy35 7th Aug 18, 7:29 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    moneysavvy35
    "who did you book with.
    the airline wont deal with you if you booked through an agent, but the agent should help but some are more helpful than others.

as stevie says if it happens find some alternatives as that you would be happy with

Its also possible the agent may delay in telling you so its worth keeping on eye on the airlines website. Can you log in and see your flight details on the airlines website"

Yes I can see 3 of the 4 flights...which is of a very small concern...they all say confirmed. I looked on AA website and skyscanner but can't see one of the internal flights listed...not too concerned at the moment though...yes I will look at alternative flight just in case. I am used to doing all bookings myself as I've heard so many horror sories about intermediaties but i looked high n low and couldnt find anuthing near as good as this...apparently it's because it's been booked as package?! well it's done now - I done my researxh it was between Netflights and travel bag who I've since learnt are owned by the same company so we shall see how things go....

thanks for reading
    • photome
    • By photome 7th Aug 18, 4:39 PM
    • 13,395 Posts
    • 8,934 Thanks
    photome
    I have booked flights with netflights and have to say they have been excellent at keeping me updated with schedule changes
    • stoneman
    • By stoneman 8th Aug 18, 9:45 PM
    • 4,235 Posts
    • 3,172 Thanks
    stoneman
    We went to Vegas for 4 nights, on the second DAY we ran the RockNRoll marathon.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,810Posts Today

8,098Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin