Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneysavvy35
    • By moneysavvy35 5th Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    • 376Posts
    • 165Thanks
    moneysavvy35
    0 WOW
    Las Vegas - 4 Nights only - Are we mad?
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    0 WOW
    Las Vegas - 4 Nights only - Are we mad? 5th Aug 18 at 12:34 AM
    seen a deal for 558 for 4 night stay in Las Vegas - Cosmopolitan Hotel, but indirect flights. Is this a good deal? & what do you think about the duration. Im thinking its a fair bit of money to spend, for such a short space of time, but my friends really want to do it

What do you guys think about this?
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Aug 18, 12:37 AM
    • 33,410 Posts
    • 39,546 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:37 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:37 AM
    Holiday pirates web site has similar prices but direct flights

I'd fly direct , but 4 days is ample time
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • baza52
    • By baza52 5th Aug 18, 12:59 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 2,255 Thanks
    baza52
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:59 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:59 AM
    i would never do less than a week again and normally go for 10 days but i have been lots of times.
    You will be very tired on day 1 (whats left of it) so look at it as 3 days there.
    It all depends on what you want to and what your budget is. Oh and if you like sleeping lol.

Either way its a great place to visit and im sure you will want to return to do the stuff you missed out on.

If its your first trip and you just plan on gambling, eating and having fun then you can fit quite a lot into the short time you have. Dont be put off by it.
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 5th Aug 18, 7:52 AM
    • 459 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    stevie11
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:52 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:52 AM
    OP you don't say when the trip is. If flying transatlantic I would not normally consider LV for anything under 5 nights, 7 or 8 is my norm. Flying indirect you will probably arrive evening time so by the time you check in the majority of night 1 will be gone and you will be tired.

Cosmo is a great hotel so can't go wrong there. Price wise consider Cosmo at least 100 a night, to work out the value of the deal are you sharing 2 or 4 per room? A couple of things to consider, is luggage included in the price although you could go hand bags only for that duration. Secondly remember the resort fees will probably add roughly $180 to $200 per room for the duration.

Whatever you choose have a great time.

There is a dedicated thread for LV on MSE so a mod may move this.
    • photome
    • By photome 5th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    • 13,404 Posts
    • 8,943 Thanks
    photome
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    I have been many times, once went for 4 nights, never again , is takes me 2 days to get over the jet lag/ time difference when I get there

If you are doing it I would advise direct flights as connecting flights will make it even worse.

We have done connecting flights many times but last year we missed one of the connections, travel time ended up being about 48 hours,
    • cubegame
    • By cubegame 5th Aug 18, 9:24 AM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    cubegame
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:24 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:24 AM
    4 nights is a long time to stay in Vegas. It gets old quickly.

It's not long for the length of journey though!
    • photome
    • By photome 5th Aug 18, 9:32 AM
    • 13,404 Posts
    • 8,943 Thanks
    photome
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:32 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:32 AM
    4 nights is a long time to stay in Vegas. It gets old quickly.

It's not long for the length of journey though!
    Originally posted by cubegame

OP dont listen to non Vegas lovers .

ask over on the Vegas sticky for things to do that will take..way longer than 4 days
    • moneysavvy35
    • By moneysavvy35 5th Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    moneysavvy35
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    Thanks for your replies guys. this would be in May next year. unfortunately we really can't afford direct flights so it's indirect or nothing...!!!9785; it does include Baggage....you are all right...I have already written off the 1st day as we would be arriving around 6.30pm.

thier are 7 of us going so room would be 2 2 and 3. I am quickly learning about these resort fees ...wow!!

I will check out the other forum you mentioned for tips etc

Thanks again
    • photome
    • By photome 5th Aug 18, 9:50 AM
    • 13,404 Posts
    • 8,943 Thanks
    photome
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:50 AM
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:50 AM
    Thanks for your replies guys. this would be in May next year. unfortunately we really can't afford direct flights so it's indirect or nothing...!!!9785; it does include Baggage....you are all right...I have already written off the 1st day as we would be arriving around 6.30pm.

thier are 7 of us going so room would be 2 2 and 3. I am quickly learning about these resort fees ...wow!!

I will check out the other forum you mentioned for tips etc

Thanks again
    Originally posted by moneysavvy35

the 6.30 pm you arrive , i assume is the flight arrival time ( hopefully) which means an arrival time at the hotel between 7.30 and 8.30, which in UK time will be 3.30 to 4.30 am,, that why the first and possibly second night are a write off ( for me anyway)

are the 3 ok sharing 2 beds
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 5th Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    • 3,919 Posts
    • 9,911 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    We had a long weekend in San Francisco recently.

Took us 13 hours whereas driving up to Scotland, again for a long weekend, took us 10.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • moneysavvy35
    • By moneysavvy35 5th Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    moneysavvy35
    yes they would be fine sharing 2 beds...yes flight arrival is 6.30...it's a hard decision...
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 5th Aug 18, 10:34 AM
    • 7,627 Posts
    • 6,183 Thanks
    daveyjp
    As Vegas is 24 hour city one possibility is to stay on UK time, even if it means sleeping through the day.
    • maman
    • By maman 5th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 18,228 Posts
    • 109,023 Thanks
    maman
    Never been to Vegas but have done long haul for a week several times including Hong Kong, Bali and Caribbean. People told me I was mad but my response was simple. I only had a week's leave so I either went for a week or I didn't go at all. No brainer IMO.
    • Rebecca01
    • By Rebecca01 5th Aug 18, 11:57 PM
    • 669 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Rebecca01
    We went for four days lost 2 to a flight delay.

Knackered but worth it.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 6th Aug 18, 12:56 AM
    • 14,575 Posts
    • 19,636 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I'd do it. I went there for three days and wouldn't to bother to go again. Really not my cup of tea. Glad I went though.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • baza52
    • By baza52 6th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 2,255 Thanks
    baza52
    I'd do it. I went there for three days and wouldn't to bother to go again. Really not my cup of tea. Glad I went though.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    I hear Bournemouth is pretty good.
    • StuieUK34
    • By StuieUK34 6th Aug 18, 9:55 AM
    • 1,780 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    StuieUK34
    hehe !
    • StuieUK34
    • By StuieUK34 6th Aug 18, 9:58 AM
    • 1,780 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    StuieUK34
    I'll be doing 4 nights in March 2020 for a Stag bash to Vegas...
    I think that will be long enough ! (for a stag bash that is!)

We do Vegas every year, and 14 nights isn't long enough for a holiday, but on that note, 558 for 4 nights in the Cosmo, and in-direct (ideally less than 20hrs travel time) in May = ermmmmm, a Very good price!! I would be booking it right now!!!!!!
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 6th Aug 18, 11:27 AM
    • 4,927 Posts
    • 4,022 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    As Vegas is 24 hour city one possibility is to stay on UK time, even if it means sleeping through the day.
    Originally posted by daveyjp
    I had a mate who went to Vegas for a weekend whose plan was not to sleep at all but survive on caffeine and Red Bull (and maybe some other stimulants...). It didn't end well...
    • Indout96
    • By Indout96 6th Aug 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    Indout96
    Four nights is do-able if you are young and can stay awake on adrenalin - you can sleep on plane home. I would not try it at my age (56)
    Don't forget to factor in the resort fee which I doubt is included at that price.
    It really depends on the flight times with it being non direct. Our last trip out there was via Chicago on AA and the Vegas leg was moved back after we booked which lead to a 6 hour stop over in Chicago and a very delayed arrival time - not too bad as we were there 14 days but a bummer if you are only there 4
    Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall.
    Oversteer is when the back of the car hits the wall
    BHP is how fast you hit the wall
    Torque is how far you take the wall after you hit it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

35Posts Today

4,323Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin