Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • darren72
    • By darren72 5th Aug 18, 12:05 AM
    • 1,274Posts
    • 289Thanks
    darren72
    eBay Scam - Item delivered to Argos for Click and Collect
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:05 AM
    eBay Scam - Item delivered to Argos for Click and Collect 5th Aug 18 at 12:05 AM
    My nephew has sold an old ipad on eBay and the buyer chose to have the item delivered to their local Argos store via the eBay/Argos Click & Collect service.

The item was delivered a couple of days ago and is now showing as collected by the buyer.

The buyer has opened a dispute stating that the packaging was open/damaged and the charger is missing. They are saying they want to return it for a refund.

Something doesn't seem quite right to me... - Does this sound like a scam ? - Wouldn't Argos have made a note that the item was damaged when they received it if that was the case ?

Anyone have any ideas what we can do?

Thanks in advance
Page 2
    • darren72
    • By darren72 6th Aug 18, 1:22 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    darren72
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

eBay got back to confirm that they were refunding the buyer in full and also allowing me to keep the funds. They said that Argos should not have accepted the parcel if it had arrived damaged.

I still think the buyer was trying to scam - They have in the end ended up with the ipad and a full refund. We haven't lost out though, which was our main concern.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Aug 18, 6:16 PM
    • 13,025 Posts
    • 8,824 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

eBay got back to confirm that they were refunding the buyer in full and also allowing me to keep the funds. They said that Argos should not have accepted the parcel if it had arrived damaged.

I still think the buyer was trying to scam - They have in the end ended up with the ipad and a full refund. We haven't lost out though, which was our main concern.
    Originally posted by darren72
    Glad it worked out for your nephew.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

245Posts Today

1,614Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin