Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Apollo Mission
    • By Apollo Mission 4th Aug 18, 11:29 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Apollo Mission
    Intestacy - inventory and account
    • 4th Aug 18, 11:29 AM
    Intestacy - inventory and account 4th Aug 18 at 11:29 AM
    Hi, I am new to this forum, but I am so in need of some advice.

My estranged mother died intestate. Her partner died several years back, so any monies, etc should be divided between the 2 children (me being her eldest and from first marriage) The second child (from last marriage) has taken on the role as the administrator.
    I have written to the administrator twice and my solicitor has written to the administrator as well. All letters have been ignored. I obtained the grant of administration from the probate office, but now I am looking to go through the courts myself to obtain / request the inventory and account.
    I have looked online for the form and costs and have found nothing.
    Has anyone done this themselves? and what forms do you fill in?

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo.
Page 2
    • SevenOfNine
    • By SevenOfNine 6th Aug 18, 6:00 PM
    • 1,467 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    SevenOfNine
    Death end of January this year.
    Grant - end of March this year.

I just need to find the correct paperwork to file with the probate court, the costs etc.
    Spoke to one probate court and they said I should speak to a solicitor.
    Originally posted by Apollo Mission
    So instead of that extremely sound advice, you've chosen to keep repeating "what is the form called & how much" on a forum. How many times & people have to tell you there isn't a specifically named 'form' for the process you need. As for the cost, who knows.

From the direction this thread has taken, I'm afraid it's a forgone conclusion that you lack the competency/knowledge to deal with this correctly. So take the advice the probate office & knowledgeable people on here have already given.....
    SEE A SOLICITOR.

The view of those who have undertaken the probate or letters of administration process is that you are being somewhat impatient. Yes, there is no property to sell, & yes, some of us have completed the whole process WITH property to sell within the timescale you've given. BUT my first time with LoA & no property did take several months longer because DWP held up the distribution of funds by querying benefit entitlement - it took time to obtain the paperwork they required sight of.

Why on earth do you think you are entitled to demand sight of the inventory & accounts?
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,663Posts Today

8,855Users online

Martin's Twitter