Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Darth_Spud
    • By Darth_Spud 4th Aug 18, 1:12 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Darth_Spud
    New Driver - 2 Speeding tickets in a week!
    • 4th Aug 18, 1:12 AM
    New Driver - 2 Speeding tickets in a week! 4th Aug 18 at 1:12 AM
    Hi all,
    We're looking for some advice, my partner is a relatively new driver (under 1 year) and started a new job recently. She was unfamiliar with the route to work and got caught speeding 36 in a 30 twice on 2 different days all within the space of a week. She thought the road was a 40. The letters arrived within 2 days of each other and she's pretty distraught about it all and what may happen.

Due to her being a new driver would she be offered an awareness course or would they simply hand her 6 points and revoke her license?

Her car is on my insurance policy and she is marked as an additional driver to the car. will I need to inform my insurance company? If so would this effect my insurance as It was't my car and I wasn't driving?

Not looking for any sympathy here, It was her fault and she's aware of that just looking for advice as to whats likely to happen.
Page 5
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 6th Aug 18, 8:05 PM
    • 1,126 Posts
    • 1,276 Thanks
    treboeth
    Excellent idea. I've never murdered anyone or robbed a bank: that must be worth a lot more than your driving record.
    Originally posted by Car 54
    Well if I`m not getting a reduction on my VED fancy doing a few bank jobs together?

After that we can start work on each others kill lists
    • Arklight
    • By Arklight 6th Aug 18, 8:21 PM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    Arklight
    I wonder at which page the OP left never to return...
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 6th Aug 18, 8:53 PM
    • 1,126 Posts
    • 1,276 Thanks
    treboeth
    I wonder at which page the OP left never to return...
    Originally posted by Arklight
    Page one.

Just after the form got delivered with the false details on it, Pc Plod are "having a chat" as I type
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

7Posts Today

3,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin