Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • creesteN
    • By creesteN 4th Aug 18, 12:03 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    creesteN
    UKPC - lost PCN from windshield
    • 4th Aug 18, 12:03 AM
    UKPC - lost PCN from windshield 4th Aug 18 at 12:03 AM
    Hi everyone,

Please help me as reading all the CCJ stories is starting to make me question my choices. I am a tenant with no written contract with a live in landlord. Each property contains it's own parking space in which the owners are required to have permits according to UKPC. There are also visitor bays in which you can park for 4 hours and have no return of 24.

I was parked in a visitor bay on Thursday 12th July until Friday 13th July. First time my car was seen according to the PCN was on 12th July in the morning. Then on Friday, just after 24 hours (not before unfortunately), the ticket was issued. I can't argue a no return here as I was seen parked for longer than 24 hours.

Now here's where things get interesting. I lost the PCN, I have no photographs of it. I don't know my PCN number.

It's coming close to the 25/26 days. I've read the newbie thread. What is the best course of action? Should I get in touch and pay 100?

The live in landlord doesn't agree to releasing his leasehold agreement.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 4th Aug 18, 9:39 AM
    • 2,967 Posts
    • 1,840 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 4th Aug 18, 9:39 AM
    • 4th Aug 18, 9:39 AM
    You do know your VRM presumably. Try going to the web site of the PPC - UKPC you state - and input your reg number and see if it finds a PCN.
    • creesteN
    • By creesteN 5th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    creesteN
    • 5th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 2:44 PM
    Entering only the vehicle registration mark returns "Unable to find Parking charge K*****X".
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 9,964 Posts
    • 9,752 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 5th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    . I am a tenant with no written contract with a live in landlord.

Oh dear

The live in landlord doesn't agree to releasing his leasehold

agreement.

Oh deary dear!

I wonder if he is sub-letting to you without permission. If so, it would seem that you may have no legal right to park on the premises, and may well be guilty of trespass.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • creesteN
    • By creesteN 5th Aug 18, 10:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    creesteN
    • 5th Aug 18, 10:27 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 10:27 PM
    He's the owner of the property. How do I proceed?
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Aug 18, 7:02 AM
    • 2,956 Posts
    • 4,983 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:02 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:02 AM
    The live in landlord doesn't agree to releasing his leasehold agreement.
    Are you actually a tenant. It appears you might be a lodger if there is no separate entrance.

If you are a lodger you'll have next to no rights for the space other than one that the landlord might have granted - if he is able.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Aug 18, 9:04 AM
    • 9,964 Posts
    • 9,752 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:04 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:04 AM
    He's the owner of the property. How do I proceed?
    Originally posted by creesteN
    Well, you could seek advice from a council housing officer, but that may drop your landlord in the doo doo, especially if he is not declaring your rent to the Revenue or Council Tax.

So many problems can arise when landlords do not issue proper paperwork.

From a parking aspect, I do not see that you have much of a case.

t
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • creesteN
    • By creesteN 6th Aug 18, 1:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    creesteN
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:06 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:06 PM
    I've contacted UKPC and received the PCN from them. I can now view the photographs online. I've said that I have not had the PCN on my windshield upon arrival to the car. While that's not exactly true, I wanted to use as an excuse to pay the lower fee. He wasn't having it, told me to make an appeal.

The photographs online however, one is made the day before the parking charge was issued showing my car and the rest are the day after. The timestamp on the photographs is less than 24hrs later, so can't even argue the no return case.

Should I make an appeal to try and lower it by 40 pounds?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

989Posts Today

8,718Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin