Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hm9
    • By hm9 3rd Aug 18, 8:12 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    hm9
    Hotpoint Aquarius WML730P draining slowly
    • 3rd Aug 18, 8:12 PM
    Hotpoint Aquarius WML730P draining slowly 3rd Aug 18 at 8:12 PM
    My Hotpoint Aquarius drains very slowly during wash cycle and pump out cycle. Before it's finished draining all the button lights flash yellow & I hear it click 6 times. I checked the ball filter under the drum and it's all clear. The washing comes out very heavy although it has been spinning as normal.

Is there anything else I could check?
Page 1
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 3rd Aug 18, 10:11 PM
    • 3,284 Posts
    • 2,333 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 3rd Aug 18, 10:11 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 10:11 PM
    Does the waste from the washing machine join the sink waste under the sink? If so there could be a blockage there, usually fat or similar. Take it all apart & clean it out.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • hm9
    • By hm9 4th Aug 18, 8:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hm9
    • 4th Aug 18, 8:04 PM
    • 4th Aug 18, 8:04 PM
    Thanks for that. Going to try some sink and drain gel to try unblock drains first. Report back later.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 4th Aug 18, 9:49 PM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    JohnB47
    • 4th Aug 18, 9:49 PM
    • 4th Aug 18, 9:49 PM
    Thanks for that. Going to try some sink and drain gel to try unblock drains first. Report back later.
    Originally posted by hm9
    If you can get at the plastic pipework and it uses fittings that can be dismantled, then it would be better to undo as much of it as possible and clean it out physically.

I have no confidence in drain gels and the like.

Depends how 'handy' you are of course.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 5th Aug 18, 12:15 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 696 Thanks
    poppellerant
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:15 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:15 PM
    Running the hottest wash cycle (usually 90c) with only a box of citric acid added will do more good than drain gels.
    • that
    • By that 5th Aug 18, 7:54 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    that
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:54 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:54 PM
    may as well look at this too https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5874201

Ever few month my friends old Hotpoint did the same.That machine would eat socks
    Last edited by that; 05-08-2018 at 7:57 PM.
    • omendata
    • By omendata 5th Aug 18, 10:18 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    omendata
    • 5th Aug 18, 10:18 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 10:18 PM
    Check for blockages in the small panel at the front there is usually an access hole where you will find all manner of items from pennies , kirby grips to those stupid colour catcher cloths that cause so many washing machine problems - why they were invented is beyond me!!!

Blockages like this though are usually caused by using too much powder - it blocks the exit pipe from the pump impeller motor and catches in the ridges of the flexible pipe building up every time you do a wash - i've sorted them many times - easiest way to fix it is to take the pipe off the motor and washing it out with boiling water - means taking the back panel off the washing machine though - remember to unplug the leccie first!
    Last edited by omendata; 05-08-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    • hm9
    • By hm9 5th Aug 18, 11:00 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hm9
    • 5th Aug 18, 11:00 PM
    All fixed
    • 5th Aug 18, 11:00 PM
    Thanks for the fast responses folks I ended up putting it though a very hot wash, once with bleach then with washing machine cleaner. Also put unblocker gel down the sink drain. Unsure which one fixed it but it's now draining normally and the lights have stopped flashing - hooray!
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 6th Aug 18, 12:02 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 696 Thanks
    poppellerant
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:02 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:02 PM
    The hot wash probably melted the fat in your pipes. This is one of the reasons you should do a hot wash every so often. You just need the smallest amount of biological powder for the hot wash.
    • hm9
    • By hm9 7th Aug 18, 8:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hm9
    Cleaning machine
    I intend to clean machine regularly to prevent further problems. You mentioned using citric acid in machine. Can you or others recommend a good place to buy this and how much to use or anything else to try? I've used bleach a few times but not convinced this is good for the machine for regular use, is it safe to use and how much should I add?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

142Posts Today

2,047Users online

Martin's Twitter