Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • confused,moi?
    • By confused,moi? 3rd Aug 18, 7:14 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    confused,moi?
    2003/2004 Forum messages
    • 3rd Aug 18, 7:14 PM
    2003/2004 Forum messages 3rd Aug 18 at 7:14 PM
    I appreciate my thread is neither a Praise,Vent or Warning but I didn't know where else to go so please re-direct me as necessary

Re the tons of messages on the Boards which date back to the early 2000s - is it not possible for them to be deleted as surely their significance is zero 15/16 years later?
Page 1
    • custardy
    • By custardy 3rd Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    • 34,092 Posts
    • 28,975 Thanks
    custardy
    • 3rd Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    I appreciate my thread is neither a Praise,Vent or Warning but I didn't know where else to go so please re-direct me as necessary

Re the tons of messages on the Boards which date back to the early 2000s - is it not possible for them to be deleted as surely their significance is zero 15/16 years later?
    Originally posted by confused,moi?
    Then that would be a site feedback post
    • Labsuper
    • By Labsuper 3rd Aug 18, 7:56 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    Labsuper
    • 3rd Aug 18, 7:56 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 7:56 PM

Originally posted by confused,moi?
    No...umpteen laws go back hundreds of years and are still relevant today.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 3rd Aug 18, 9:11 PM
    • 21,214 Posts
    • 17,033 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 3rd Aug 18, 9:11 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 9:11 PM
    Are they causing you a problem? I tend not to look beyond the first page of any of the boards that I use so I only see threads that are currently active (although occasionally somebody has woken up one from a few years ago, which may be a bit annoying but is hardly a life or death issue).
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 3rd Aug 18, 9:24 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 4,159 Thanks
    JReacher1
    • 3rd Aug 18, 9:24 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 9:24 PM
    It is click bait.

If you google a problem then if this problem was posted on MSE in the last 20 years it will appear in the google search results and could drive traffic to the site.

The fact the advice may no longer be legally accurate is not really important
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 5th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    • 3,385 Posts
    • 1,764 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 7:57 PM
    The older posts are the best! there was much less aggression in the early 00's in my honest opinion. I quite often like to go to first page of the Employment board and read from 2004.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 6th Aug 18, 2:35 PM
    • 9,222 Posts
    • 22,054 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:35 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:35 PM
    Hi confused,moi?

We have a lot of content that is still relevant today e.g., recipes on the Old Style Forum board so we rarely delete forum content.

Discussions that are no longer active are automatically closed after a set number of months.

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 6th Aug 18, 3:15 PM
    • 21,214 Posts
    • 17,033 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:15 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:15 PM

Discussions that are no longer active are automatically closed after a set number of months.

Andrea
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea

Are they? What is that number of months? Because I have seen threads reactivated more than a year after the previous activity.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,137Posts Today

6,932Users online

Martin's Twitter