Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 3rd Aug 18, 1:04 PM
    • 1,854Posts
    • 3,319Thanks
    swingaloo
    0 WOW
    Anyone know how much 200 Lambert & Butler cost in Spain.
    • 3rd Aug 18, 1:04 PM
    0 WOW
    Anyone know how much 200 Lambert & Butler cost in Spain. 3rd Aug 18 at 1:04 PM
    Nephew is going to Spain for a week on a lads holiday during which time he will have a birthday. I want to give him the money to buy himself 200 cigs but have no idea how much they will cost him.

Can someone give me an idea of price please. Thanks
Page 1
    • slinga
    • By slinga 3rd Aug 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    slinga
    • 3rd Aug 18, 1:11 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 1:11 PM
    What a good idea for a birthday present. not.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
    • Grumpelstiltskin
    • By Grumpelstiltskin 3rd Aug 18, 1:22 PM
    • 2,264 Posts
    • 2,364 Thanks
    Grumpelstiltskin
    • 3rd Aug 18, 1:22 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 1:22 PM
    OK I agree with Slinga but it's your choice.

This is the official price list per packet.

http://spanish-tobacco-prices.com/cigarettes.php
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 3rd Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 3,319 Thanks
    swingaloo
    • 3rd Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    What a good idea for a birthday present. not.
    Originally posted by slinga

Not sure why you felt the need to state that but I hope you feel better for it.

I assume you didn't join the thread to help answer the question.

I don't smoke neither do any of my immediate family. I detest it.

However my nephew does smoke and as this holiday is a last minute thing and he does not have a lot of spending money. He told me he was going to ask his dad to lend him some money so he could bring some cigarettes back and that's what gave me the idea of giving him money for them as his birthday present.
    • stoneman
    • By stoneman 3rd Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 4,236 Posts
    • 3,175 Thanks
    stoneman
    • 3rd Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    I don't go to Barcelona anymore because you aren't allowed to smoke in the bars now. Don't go out much in Blighty either, and if they ban it in Vegas I will defo stop doing there.

There, flame away, but if you do hang on while I light a ciggy with it.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 3rd Aug 18, 8:59 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 3rd Aug 18, 8:59 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 8:59 PM
    Am I correct in thinking you can only buy tobacco products from state owned outlets in Spain - tabacs ?

Although I understand you can buy them from under the counter in supermarkets etc.
    • ibizafan
    • By ibizafan 3rd Aug 18, 11:11 PM
    • 741 Posts
    • 880 Thanks
    ibizafan
    • 3rd Aug 18, 11:11 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 11:11 PM
    You canít buy cigarettes in supermarkets, only in the tabacs. Some bars have cigarette machines as well.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 4th Aug 18, 4:11 AM
    • 3,697 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 4th Aug 18, 4:11 AM
    • 4th Aug 18, 4:11 AM
    Why not just give him some holiday money without specifying what it's for, thereby not appearing to condone tobacco use. The cost to vital energy and general health is the same wherever purchased.
    Evolution, not revolution
    • warby68
    • By warby68 4th Aug 18, 6:59 AM
    • 992 Posts
    • 9,800 Thanks
    warby68
    • 4th Aug 18, 6:59 AM
    • 4th Aug 18, 6:59 AM
    Not sure why you felt the need to state that but I hope you feel better for it.

I assume you didn't join the thread to help answer the question.

I don't smoke neither do any of my immediate family. I detest it.

However my nephew does smoke and as this holiday is a last minute thing and he does not have a lot of spending money. He told me he was going to ask his dad to lend him some money so he could bring some cigarettes back and that's what gave me the idea of giving him money for them as his birthday present.
    Originally posted by swingaloo
    I know why.

I know its each to their own but to encourage youngsters who you care for is quite shocking to me, to the extent it tempts me to poke my nose in where it isn't wanted

Sorry, but it does. Please rethink.
    • Murphy_The_Cat
    • By Murphy_The_Cat 4th Aug 18, 11:35 AM
    • 19,546 Posts
    • 25,504 Thanks
    Murphy_The_Cat
    However my nephew does smoke ............................ and he does not have a lot of spending money. He told me he was going to ask his dad to lend him some money so he could bring some cigarettes back and that's what gave me the idea of giving him money for them as his birthday present.
    Originally posted by swingaloo

Surely this is a wind up.
    Skint person going on holiday abroard, is looking to borrow money to waste spend on cigarettes.
    Last edited by Murphy_The_Cat; 04-08-2018 at 11:42 AM.

• martindow
    • By martindow 4th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    • 7,687 Posts
    • 4,390 Thanks
    martindow
    I don't go to Barcelona anymore because you aren't allowed to smoke in the bars now. Don't go out much in Blighty either, and if they ban it in Vegas I will defo stop doing there.
    Originally posted by stoneman
    I think smoking in bars and restaurants is not allowed in the whole of Spain, not just Barcelona. The law came in a few months before ours.

Most civilised countries now have similar limits on smoking - who knows even Nevada might be civilised one day!
    • Lincoln Imp
    • By Lincoln Imp 5th Aug 18, 8:03 AM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 4,154 Thanks
    Lincoln Imp
    48.50 Euro for 200

GRUMPELSTILTSKIN has posted a link to prices and here is another one
    http://www.eurotabaco.es/en/content/9-tobacco-prices
    Last edited by Lincoln Imp; 05-08-2018 at 8:06 AM.
    Have a nice day
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 5th Aug 18, 11:06 AM
    • 2,958 Posts
    • 2,947 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Skint person going on holiday abroard, is looking to borrow money to waste spend on cigarettes.
    Originally posted by Murphy_The_Cat
    While I think it's daft in a way getting 200 there for £45 by the time the exchange rate kicks in to paying £110 here or there abouts can't blame them really
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 st 7lbs then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs: *61lbs lost* *30lbs to go*
    1st started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 38 weeks -53lbs
    2nd sw 14 st 12lbs Fri15/6/18 -> 0 weeks -0lbs
    2) to find new challenges
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 5th Aug 18, 12:04 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan

A teacher friend does an exercise with classes on the cost of smoking - the kids are astonished when they realise how much they could save per year, on average enough to pay for a holiday abroad.
    • Discodee
    • By Discodee 7th Aug 18, 12:38 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 2,959 Thanks
    Discodee

There, flame away, but if you do hang on while I light a ciggy with it.
    Originally posted by stoneman
    smoking should be banned in ALL public places

I smoke myself occasionally, socially, but hated it when my kids were small and you went on holiday and people were smoking.
    Everyone should have the right to make the decision, but no-one should be able to inflict their smoke onto other people, especially children
    Last edited by Discodee; 07-08-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
    • Discodee
    • By Discodee 7th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 2,959 Thanks
    Discodee
    A teacher friend does an exercise with classes on the cost of smoking - the kids are astonished when they realise how much they could save per year, on average enough to pay for a holiday abroad.
    Originally posted by NoodleDoodleMan
    far more than that
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
    • Discodee
    • By Discodee 7th Aug 18, 12:43 PM
    • 1,930 Posts
    • 2,959 Thanks
    Discodee
    Originally posted by Murphy_The_Cat
    Its usually the way
    My dad used to donate to a food bank until one day he went and saw the queue.. people on their iphones smoking, neither of which he can afford!!
    My sister has borrowed money from family for years, every time the car conks out, if the washer breaks, despite her hubby earning a decent wage. But she always has money for 20 fags every day!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,760Posts Today

6,316Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin