Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 3rd Aug 18, 5:50 AM
    • 1,387Posts
    • 1,389Thanks
    paragon909
    Energy Switch
    • 3rd Aug 18, 5:50 AM
    Energy Switch 3rd Aug 18 at 5:50 AM
    So im trying to switch from EDF to EON.... But EDF put a block on it and said I need to pay £40 bill before i can switch to eon. Surely a final bill should be created when the switch is completed. I thought they only stopped switches if the balance was over like £500 or in the hundreds. Not £40! That seems abit out of order tbh. Of course Ill pay it. But can they stop my switch and do this before making a final bill.....

Thanks
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 3rd Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    • 3,314 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 3rd Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    Energy companies are a nightmare for saying this.

It's there first excuse for why a switch has been blocked, although it may not be the real reason !
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 10th Aug 18, 5:54 PM
    • 1,387 Posts
    • 1,389 Thanks
    paragon909
    • 10th Aug 18, 5:54 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 5:54 PM
    What a nightmare this is turning out. When I moved from SSE to EDF there was no objections or problems....

EDF objected to my gas being moved, Then when i called up they removed, So I had to call Eon back up so they could reapply. Both went through, Next day, EDF objected to the electric being switched... Same situation called up and they removed then called eon to reapply.

What use are ofgem when making complaints, Considering the energy companies have a big say in how the rules are made, Seems biased. Who would be the best to complain to. EDF are doing my nut in... Keep calling wanting me to get a smart meter.

Worst company ever!
    • Skools_Out
    • By Skools_Out 11th Aug 18, 9:06 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Skools_Out
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:06 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 9:06 AM
    What use are ofgem when making complaints, ...
    Originally posted by paragon909
    None whatsoever.
    Ofgem do not deal with customer complaints against energy suppliers.

I suggest if you wish to complain, you start by following your supplier's complaint procedure.

https://www.edfenergy.com/sites/default/files/government-complaints-handling-standard.pdf

The situation is that energy suppliers may object to a credit meter customer switching if they are in arrears with payment of any bill (i.e. owe the supplier for more than 28 days) for any amount, even 1p.

Paying the arrears to allow the switch to occur will not negate the supplier then producing a final bill after switching which will cover the period until the switch actually happens.
    • bri160356
    • By bri160356 11th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    bri160356
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 11th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    What a nightmare this is turning out. When I moved from SSE to EDF there was no objections or problems....

EDF objected to my gas being moved, Then when i called up they removed, So I had to call Eon back up so they could reapply. Both went through, Next day, EDF objected to the electric being switched... Same situation called up and they removed then called eon to reapply.

What use are ofgem when making complaints, Considering the energy companies have a big say in how the rules are made, Seems biased. Who would be the best to complain to. EDF are doing my nut in... Keep calling wanting me to get a smart meter.

Worst company ever!
    Originally posted by paragon909
    An official complaint directly to your Energy supplier is your first course of action. Ofgem require that all Energy companies have a complaints procedure that is freely accessible to all their customers.

If the complaint against your Energy company is dead-locked/unresolved or it has been 8 weeks since you first complained then you have a right to escalate your grievance to the Energy Ombudsman.

Iíve never had need to raise an issue with the Energy Ombudsman so Iíve no idea how quickly they respond to domestic customers complaints, or what actions they initially take.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

P.S. I think the above info is accurate but please feel free to correct/dismiss anything Iíve posted.
    • clairexlouise
    • By clairexlouise 11th Aug 18, 4:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    clairexlouise
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:54 PM
    Eon
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:54 PM
    Trying to switch from EON is not as easy as you may think as EON appears to have a different calendar to most of us.

I was initially told that as of today it was less than 45 days before 28th October 2018 and that there was no exit penalty.

It took 37 minutes and two staff to confirm what most people probably know; that this was actually a mistake and yes if I was to switch now there is an exit penalty.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 11th Aug 18, 5:09 PM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:09 PM
    Puts MSE's being 2 hours out in the shade, doesn't it? Then again, time moves differently in different dimensions (ref Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and energy companies suck us dry so...
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 16th Aug 18, 2:20 PM
    E.ON Exit Fees
    • 16th Aug 18, 2:20 PM
    Trying to switch from EON is not as easy as you may think as EON appears to have a different calendar to most of us.

I was initially told that as of today it was less than 45 days before 28th October 2018 and that there was no exit penalty.

It took 37 minutes and two staff to confirm what most people probably know; that this was actually a mistake and yes if I was to switch now there is an exit penalty.
    Originally posted by clairexlouise
    Hello clairexlouise and sorry you were given duff information when you contacted us.

To confirm, the Price Protection window is open 49 calendar days before a Fixed Tariff ends until 20 working days after. When switching, provided the new supplier contacts us during this time, exit fees won't apply. We'll also keep you on the lower prices whilst the switch goes through.

If your tariff ends on 28 October 18, you'll enter the window on 10 September 18. We'll contact you between 42 and 49 days before the tariff ends to let you know.

You can move to another of our tariffs at any time without picking up an exit fee.

Sorry again we didn't make this easier when you called clairexlouise.

Malc
    Last edited by E.ON Company Representative: Malc; 16-08-2018 at 3:41 PM. Reason: Additional Information
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,698Posts Today

7,636Users online

Martin's Twitter