Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stirfry77 _18
    • By Stirfry77 _18 2nd Aug 18, 9:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Stirfry77 _18
    PCN - for 6 minutes...
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:47 PM
    PCN - for 6 minutes... 2nd Aug 18 at 9:47 PM
    ...Iím almost resigning myself to pay but wondering whether I have cause to appeal further.

I parked in a space, between two other parked cars, without realising it was no parking, turns out there was a sign on the wall in front of where Iíd parked! I had float to sort at the bank and was in a itís as I had another appointment to get to, in all I was six minutes, as stated on the photographic evidence on the letter and website.

Anyone know if I can appeal further or have I to pay?

Iím reading about a 10 minute grace period, which Iíve mentioned in my appeal to the issuing company - National Parking Enforcement - but theyíve said itís not valid - itís only to give you time to read the sign and decide whether to park or not. I didnít notice the signage, two others were parked on. The same site...signage says no parking there at anytime when the shops are closed.

Iím about to just pay but saw some threads here and wondered whether I was being hasty.

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 2nd Aug 18, 10:41 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 2nd Aug 18, 10:41 PM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 10:41 PM
    This forum would always recommending fighting and not paying up.

I assume the car park has Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) so the pictures showing the driver entering and leaving the site?

If so 6 mins could be argued covers the time to find a space read the signs, decide you don't want to stay there and leave the site.

I assume the shops were closed when this happened?

As NPE are an IPC member the only further appeal is IAS which forum doesn't recommend using.
    If so the recommended approach is to sit tight for 6 years OR they decide to take you to court.

I strongly suggest you alter the opening post to refer to driver not "I".
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 3rd Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    • 4,393 Posts
    • 6,240 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 3rd Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 12:34 AM
    Another approach would be to complain to the landowner, whose car park was it?
    The landowner will be jointly and severally liable for the actions of its agents ( the parking company) and the parking company, will as a condition of accessing the DVLA data base ( and processing your data) be bound to its trade associations code of practice.
    If the PPc has been a little sharp in its practices, or ignored parts of its own trade associations code of practice then the landowner could be responsible should your data have been used/accessed incorrectly.

it may be worth pointing out to the landowner that they are responsible for the actions of their agents, and there could be a potential GDPR (DPA) breach here for which they could be responsible for.
    State that as a gesture of goodwill, you wont pursue the landowner over the GDPR breach as long as they: cancel the parking charge notice, provide instructions to their agents that this situation will not occur again, and also provide you with a follow up to prove that this has taken place.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Amberpunter
    • By Amberpunter 6th Aug 18, 3:56 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Amberpunter
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:56 PM
    Npe
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:56 PM
    As you can see NPE are yet to take anyone to court

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/National_Parking_Enforcement.html

So if you are happy receiving 6 or 7 letters from their toothless debt collector DRP, also using Zenith and Gladstoneís headed paper then sit it out. Just remember they have 6 years to come after you so if you move during that time be sure to let them know.
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 6th Aug 18, 4:03 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 535 Thanks
    Grimble
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:03 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:03 PM
    You are not dealing with honest people, has a Police caution for VAT fraud, been up to all sorts of scams.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,873Users online

Martin's Twitter