Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • earthquakebird
    • By earthquakebird 2nd Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 4Thanks
    earthquakebird
    Is it normal...
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:41 AM
    Is it normal... 2nd Aug 18 at 9:41 AM
    ... for the vendor and their solicitor not to have received any enquiries following submission of the contract pack?

The estate agent asked me if we planned to submit any enquiries and said that perhaps none arose from the contract pack. Is this normal? I did send my solicitor a list of some things I wanted clarity on, and she satisfied me with answers, but I guess did not send them through to the vendor. Does this mean that my enquiries were basic enough for my solicitor to answer herself?

Thanks
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 2nd Aug 18, 9:46 AM
    • 9,341 Posts
    • 9,971 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:46 AM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:46 AM
    No, there'll be a bunch of standard ones even if everything looks ok. All it means is that the vendor's solicitor hasn't received them from yours yet.
    • Hoploz
    • By Hoploz 2nd Aug 18, 9:52 AM
    • 3,842 Posts
    • 3,386 Thanks
    Hoploz
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:52 AM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:52 AM
    Speak to your solicitor and ask for an update.
    • jennhg88
    • By jennhg88 2nd Aug 18, 9:57 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    jennhg88
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:57 AM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 9:57 AM
    Have the searches come back? There is often a bunch of enquiries from those.
    • earthquakebird
    • By earthquakebird 2nd Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    earthquakebird
    • 2nd Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    Solicitor has confirmed that they were sent and thinks the estate agent is confused. Is it even possible to get to exchange stage without any searches having been submitted? (Because we are pretty much ready for exchange as far as I know!)
    • earthquakebird
    • By earthquakebird 7th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    earthquakebird
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    My solicitor has confirmed that enquiries were sent and sufficiently answered. However, I want to see a copy of the list of enquiries and have asked 3 times by email for them to be sent to me. They were apparently originally sent in an email weeks ago, along with draft contract and property information form, but I can't see them in the attachments so I wonder if they were missed off by accident. Is it too much to ask for them to send me this again and with notes of the answers for my piece of mind?!! At the moment my emails are being ignored! I'm not sure calling will help because I want the information in writing.

I am being cautious because the property was on the market for a long time so I want to make sure that absolutely everything that might be a concern will be queried.
    • studentguy
    • By studentguy 7th Aug 18, 4:35 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    studentguy
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:35 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:35 PM
    Seems to be standard practise when it comes to solicitors, they seem to constantly need people shoving fireworks up their !!! in order to do anything.

Ring them and say you want it sent in an email. You have a right to see the questions and responses.
    Despite my name, I'm not a student any more
    • cybervic
    • By cybervic 8th Aug 18, 9:10 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    cybervic
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:10 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:10 AM
    I asked my solicitors to send me a copy of all communication between the solicitors and paperworks received. We are now at the final stage of conveyancing and our solicitor has asked us to review everything and make sure we don't have further questions. You have every right to ask for paperworks and answers to the enquires. Write another email listing everything you need, keep chasing them everyday until it arrives.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,272Posts Today

7,706Users online

Martin's Twitter