Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 1st Aug 18, 3:53 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 5Thanks
    GreenGovan
    Highview & Tesco
    • 1st Aug 18, 3:53 PM
    Highview & Tesco 1st Aug 18 at 3:53 PM
    My original question was:

'' Hello,

Still a bit confused as to what to do, I too have received this from the same company and along with another letter from Tesco (same envelope) do I go into tesco and speak to management?

Or do I send them (tesco or highview?) a letter using the template in the sticky of this board.

Some help please.

Also the date of offence occurred on the 13th of July 2018 but the letter from highview & tesco is dated the 30th of July 2018. This is well past the 14 days (if this makes any difference). ''

I have gotten advice on from Keith & pogo fish. I'm just a little confused on how I would approach tesco management as that day (Silverburn shopping centre) as although I didnt buy anything from there in tesco but did so at the Debenham stores and other stores.

Just a bit nervous as to how I should approach this.
Page 2
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 1st Aug 18, 5:21 PM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 5,934 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    It's not green, but when you get pulled over by the police in Govan the first thing they ask is, have you been smoking any green? !!!55357;!!!56833;
    That makes more sense.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 1st Aug 18, 5:26 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    Hi guys

These are the pics of the letters, iv removed names and pcn number and reg numbers.

Hopefully.

hxxp://tinypic.com/r/ezo6ch/9
    hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2jeaiw5/9
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Aug 18, 5:31 PM
    • 19,586 Posts
    • 24,894 Thanks
    Redx
    live links

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ezo6ch&s=9#.W2HfgrgnZPY

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jeaiw5&s=9#.W2HgJ7gnZPY

they are correct that the driver is liable, which is why you do not name the driver by IGNORING THEM

the KEEPER is not liable, even though they have written to the keeper

the KEEPER does not have to name the driver under Scottish Law , because there isnt one
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 1st Aug 18, 5:35 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    Again, Silverburn Glasgow has three main entrances, on the parking side of tesco is where 1 main entrance to the shopping centre is and where Debenham is also.

So I should just ignore this letter but also go to tesco and try and talk to them about this? As well as Debenhams?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    • 19,586 Posts
    • 24,894 Thanks
    Redx
    depends who is the landowner, and so far we dont know the answer to that question , we do not know if TESCO own the land despite their letter

if its a multi retailer retail park, it could be the M.A. for the site that you complain to

because you have a tesco letter in with the HV letter I doubt that tesco will help because it seems to be a repeat "offence"

what they are saying is that this vehicle keeps parking for longer than the time allowed on site, so on more than one occasion, so I would suggest that in future the DRIVER makes sure they stay in the timeframe listed on the signage in any scottish car park (or any UK car park too)

because there is no keeper liability in Scotland, there is nothing for a keeper to do apart from give the driver a good b*****g for repeatedly overstaying their welcome

if HV become aware of who was driving then they have 5 years to try a court claim through your simple procedures system in your local sheriff court

hence why the KEEPER ignores them

any complaints to retailers or MA,s needs to be such that the drivers details are not divulged , or just do not bother with any complaints and in any case do not appeal to HV either
    Last edited by Redx; 01-08-2018 at 5:43 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Aug 18, 5:42 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 5,810 Thanks
    waamo
    In Scotland ignore everything except a court claim.
    This space for hire.
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 1st Aug 18, 5:58 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    Again I would rather this was cancelled as it would then keep my mind at peace.

I will go to tesco and try complain to upper management about this, and maybe a letter, I just feel ignoring it may make it worse or they may pursue it further.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 19,586 Posts
    • 24,894 Thanks
    Redx
    the danger with that is that it may inadvertently lead to you naming the driver

if you really are going to complain, its as an occupant of the vehicle, as keeper of the vehicle , without actually stating who was driving at all

assume that I was driving on those days in question

if you are going to appeal to HV in writing (NOT by phone , no ringing people up at all) , then do so on the basis that there is no keeper liability in Scotland and so they need to cancel the charge and not contact you again, they must pursue the driver (who shall not be named)

do NOT telephone anyone
    Newbies !!
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 1st Aug 18, 6:06 PM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 5,934 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I just feel ignoring it may make it worse or they may pursue it further.
    It won't but you do what makes you feel better. The issue with scams is they depend on people believing them.

You've had the advice but it is up to you to assess it and decide.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 5,810 Thanks
    waamo
    Again I would rather this was cancelled as it would then keep my mind at peace.

I will go to tesco and try complain to upper management about this, and maybe a letter, I just feel ignoring it may make it worse or they may pursue it further.
    Originally posted by GreenGovan
    Highview have never taken anyone to court in England where it is a whole lot easier. That includes multiple ticket collectors, who again, would be an easy target.

In Scotland the court process is a whole lot harder for a parking company. Do you really think they will chose the hardest target they can find for their first ever court outing?

Silence is golden.
    This space for hire.
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 1st Aug 18, 6:13 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    I very much appreciate the advise and truly am thankful.

If I where to write to HV, the blue template in the FAQ sticky would still be the best wouldn't it to use and as long as I don't give any details or mention anything in regards to the driver.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 1st Aug 18, 6:17 PM
    • 19,586 Posts
    • 24,894 Thanks
    Redx
    it is as long as you add an extra paragraph stating that POFA2012 does not apply in Scotland so as KEEPER I am not liable so cancel the PCN and destroy your data under the GDPR (and remove any wordings about POFA2012 and popla codes etc from your appeal)

appeal online if you can using the INCORRECT INFORMATION option, or whatever it says, no ticking I AM THE DRIVER
    Newbies !!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Aug 18, 6:29 PM
    • 19,691 Posts
    • 31,162 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Highview will give up on receipt of the forum template - but add in that they cannot pursue the keeper in Scotland.

Sending it off, even in the unlikely event of them rejecting it, will do your case no harm, just returning you to the position of ignoring anything further from them.

Send in the template initial appeal and this should be cancelled in a couple of days.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 1st Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    OK

I'm going to use that template and add the the extra paragraph as well, hopefully it should do the trick.

I could find anything on their website to appeal online, it could find any record of pcn and reg lol.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Aug 18, 6:38 PM
    • 19,691 Posts
    • 31,162 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    OK

I'm going to use that template and add the the extra paragraph as well, hopefully it should do the trick.

I could find anything on their website to appeal online, it could find any record of pcn and reg lol.
    Originally posted by GreenGovan
    What's wrong with the 'Appeal Now' box at the middle bottom of their website?

http://www.highviewparking.co.uk
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 1st Aug 18, 6:50 PM
    • 10,238 Posts
    • 10,131 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 8th Aug 18, 5:57 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    Hi

I wanted to say thank you to all and can confirm just received an email from HVP cancelling the PCN.

I used the blue template in the sticky section and with the added paragraph suggested by RedX thanks again guys for your help and have a nice day indeed.

Email received by them.

'' Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,

HIGHVIEW PARKING LIMITED
    ''
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Aug 18, 6:38 PM
    • 19,586 Posts
    • 24,894 Thanks
    Redx
    well done , but not really surprising as they do it all the time when they see a forum aided appeal, especially when you added my suggestion to it
    Newbies !!
    • GreenGovan
    • By GreenGovan 14th Aug 18, 6:38 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    GreenGovan
    Hi Redx

is it possible to remove those links from the posts please?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Aug 18, 3:05 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,656 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done, this shows the template appeal also works in Scotland as long as the appellant is careful to choose the option online that doesn't say if they were driving!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,426Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin