Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 31st Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    • 168Posts
    • 69Thanks
    gillybean129
    Can I loan my daughter my credit card for an emergency
    • 31st Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    Can I loan my daughter my credit card for an emergency 31st Jul 18 at 9:44 PM
    Sounds weird, it's not.
    She's going to Barcelona soon and as a back up I'd like her to take it in case she needs anything. I know she will pay me back that's not the issue. She has my full permission.
    My concern is if this card is stolen, would I be covered for any misuse?
Page 2
    • Yawn
    • By Yawn 11th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Yawn
    The new Transferwise debit card is amazing and might be a good option here. You could top up the account in seconds if she needs extra cash?
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 11th Aug 18, 10:59 AM
    • 519 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    Is it "user friendly" - no fees for ATMs or goods & services ?

One quick glance only - looks like 200 monthly withdrawal limit, then 2% fee thereafter.

Otherwise the Starling card is a better deal.
    Last edited by NoodleDoodleMan; 11-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

989Posts Today

8,718Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin