Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 31st Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    • 87Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know
    • 31st Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know 31st Jul 18 at 5:52 PM
    Customers of gas and electricity provider Iresa, which ceased trading last week, are to be taken on by Octopus Energy...
    Read the full story:
    'Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 14
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 8th Oct 18, 4:12 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    wavelets
    But since the switch from Iresa I've had no bills or updates from them and that was back in July......the only thing they've acknowledged is the meter reading i gave when switching to Eversmart
    Originally posted by gardner1
    I refer you to the lead article.
    Iresa ceased trading in week 3 of July

Octopus Energy who took over your supply from the beginning of August have 6 weeks from the actual switching date (12 Sept) to provide you with a final bill, as I already stated.

Patience.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 8th Oct 18, 4:14 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    wavelets
    Also waiting for a bill. Switched on 13th.
    Originally posted by Rosabear
    I refer you to the answers given previously in this thread.
    Same sitution = same process.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 8th Oct 18, 6:45 PM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 3,990 Thanks
    gardner1
    I refer you to the lead article.
    Iresa ceased trading in week 3 of July

Octopus Energy who took over your supply from the beginning of August have 6 weeks from the actual switching date (12 Sept) to provide you with a final bill, as I already stated.

Patience.
    Originally posted by wavelets
    you misunderstand.........from the beginning of august i would have expected 1 bill by now never mind the final bill
    • t0rt0ise
    • By t0rt0ise 8th Oct 18, 8:06 PM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 1,946 Thanks
    t0rt0ise
    I don't understand why people are so impatient. Octopus have taken over all of Iresa's customers and it is bound to take time for them to sort out everyone's accounts.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Oct 18, 10:01 AM
    • 5,134 Posts
    • 2,285 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I don't understand why people are so impatient. Octopus have taken over all of Iresa's customers and it is bound to take time for them to sort out everyone's accounts.
    Originally posted by t0rt0ise

MAYBE because every message put out by Octopus stresses how wonderful they are ??
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 9th Oct 18, 10:07 AM
    • 5,134 Posts
    • 2,285 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Well that depends how long you are going on holiday for.

Most suppliers send a bill, and typically allow about 14 days to pay. If it's not paid they send a reminder.
    It takes a long time, and multiple duplicated demands ignored before debt collectors are instructed.
    Originally posted by wavelets

Fully aware of that ..my comment re debt collection was tongue in cheek

HOWEVER their blogs and emails are full of how wonderful their Customer Services are.......just because they are "allowed" 6 weeks to produce a bill doesn't mean that they should take 6 weeks. Since we had agreed our c/o IRESA balances with them, can't see what's difficult about producing a bill for ~ 6 weeks usage with known start and finish readings!!
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 9th Oct 18, 10:21 AM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Fully aware of that ..my comment re debt collection was tongue in cheek

HOWEVER their blogs and emails are full of how wonderful their Customer Services are.......just because they are "allowed" 6 weeks to produce a bill doesn't mean that they should take 6 weeks. Since we had agreed our c/o IRESA balances with them, can't see what's difficult about producing a bill for ~ 6 weeks usage with known start and finish readings!!
    Originally posted by brewerdave

Lots of companies who apparently have much poorer Customer services can manage final bills a lot quicker.
    • martyp
    • By martyp 9th Oct 18, 9:08 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    martyp
    just because they are "allowed" 6 weeks to produce a bill doesn't mean that they should take 6 weeks.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Totally agree, by comparison I switched my gas from Bristol Energy on the 27th August and had my final bill on the 13th September with my credit balance refunded back into my account on the 27th September.

Also, Octopus had no real trouble picking up all the Iresa accounts and setting up online accounts in their system and that would be a greater number of customers being taken on than the number leaving as no doubt a fair proportion of Iresa customers might be staying put.
    I was curious though about this back up fund or whatever it's called by Ofgem for when a supplier goes bust, unsure how that works and if that causes a delay in refunding customers their credit balances?
    Last edited by martyp; 09-10-2018 at 9:13 PM.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 11th Oct 18, 10:59 AM
    • 2,046 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    katies mum
    Switched to Breeze on the 28th September, I have today received a bill from Octopus for my electricity but nothing for my gas! has anyone else experienced this? thanks
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th Oct 18, 11:01 AM
    • 6,366 Posts
    • 4,087 Thanks
    Hengus
    Switched to Breeze on the 28th September, I have today received a bill from Octopus for my electricity but nothing for my gas! has anyone else experienced this? thanks
    Originally posted by katies mum
    The validation of gas switch readings can take a few days longer - particularly, if there is an IGT involved.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 11th Oct 18, 11:23 AM
    • 2,046 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    katies mum
    Thank you for replying, could I please ask what an IGT is?
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 11th Oct 18, 11:25 AM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Emailed Octopus this morning, they have said they have raised a bill now, but so far only received a statement of full balance showing total credit on account before any bill raised. They requested I reset up the DD as taking my details from Iresa was against GDPR and they have now initiated a refund, will wait and see what happens, feeling quite sceptical.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th Oct 18, 11:52 AM
    • 6,366 Posts
    • 4,087 Thanks
    Hengus
    Thank you for replying, could I please ask what an IGT is?
    IGT stands for Independent Gas Transporter.

Quote: Gas meter numbers beginning with the number 74, 75, 76, or 77 are IGT UK numbers, any others belong to the National Grid. The letters IGT may also appear on your bill. You can often find your gas meter number, also referred to as your MPRN or meter point reference number, on your energy bill. Unquote - Uswitch
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 11th Oct 18, 12:19 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    beardiedog
    My account is still in limbo.

Gas is still showing the reading taken on 30th August.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 12th Oct 18, 1:47 PM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Emailed Octopus this morning, they have said they have raised a bill now, but so far only received a statement of full balance showing total credit on account before any bill raised. They requested I reset up the DD as taking my details from Iresa was against GDPR and they have now initiated a refund, will wait and see what happens, feeling quite sceptical.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams

Promised bill from Octopus hasn't arrived, I suspect that the CS rep has only managed to produce a statement of the credit on the account rather than an actual bill.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 12th Oct 18, 8:29 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    beardiedog
    I've emailed them again to ask if there's a problem.

My gas meter reading has still not been updated with the final verified figure.

It's now almost five weeks since I switched. Surely it doesn't take so long to verify a reading.

No response so far.

Edit: Subsequent to my email my gas reading has been updated to the final figure and billed. Nothing for electricity as yet.
    Last edited by beardiedog; 13-10-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 16th Oct 18, 8:00 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    beardiedog
    Received my final bill for electricity today and should get my credit balance refund in the next week or so
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 17th Oct 18, 8:54 AM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Promised bill from Octopus hasn't arrived, I suspect that the CS rep has only managed to produce a statement of the credit on the account rather than an actual bill.

Messaged again, to be told billing is currently suspended. Not happy with Octopus at all, switched my Gas from a different company 3.5 weeks after my electric switched from Octopus and have already had my final bill. Do not think much of Octopus apparent excellent customer service, they take ages to respond and still no further forward and information received previously was incorrect.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 17th Oct 18, 9:35 AM
    • 6,366 Posts
    • 4,087 Thanks
    Hengus
    Messaged again, to be told billing is currently suspended. Not happy with Octopus at all, switched my Gas from a different company 3.5 weeks after my electric switched from Octopus and have already had my final bill. Do not think much of Octopus apparent excellent customer service, they take ages to respond and still no further forward and information received previously was incorrect.
    I can understand your frustration but I suspect that Octopus is struggling to sort out a mess that is not of its own making. I left Iresa over 15 months ago but I still got an e-mail from Octopus saying that they were taking over my Iresa account. I was not alone. The irony here was that I was an Octopus customer when the email was sent out.

I would agree though that Octopus' customer response times have suffered as a result of its recent SoLR acquisitions. That said, they have some way to go before they are in the same league as Scottish Power for poor customer service. I am still waiting for a Final Bill nearly 3 months on from my switch. They got industry verified meter readings from Octopus in mid August.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 17th Oct 18, 12:46 PM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    I can understand your frustration but I suspect that Octopus is struggling to sort out a mess that is not of its own making. I left Iresa over 15 months ago but I still got an e-mail from Octopus saying that they were taking over my Iresa account. I was not alone. The irony here was that I was an Octopus customer when the email was sent out.

I would agree though that Octopus' customer response times have suffered as a result of its recent SoLR acquisitions. That said, they have some way to go before they are in the same league as Scottish Power for poor customer service. I am still waiting for a Final Bill nearly 3 months on from my switch. They got industry verified meter readings from Octopus in mid August.
    Originally posted by Hengus

I never had an issue with Iresa though. all bills and balances were correct before transfer, I've had final Iresa bill and Octopus have confirmed they have all my readings.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,678Posts Today

7,088Users online

Martin's Twitter