Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jcra
    • By jcra 31st Jul 18, 12:47 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jcra
    Wrongly issued PCN (again! same car park, same "violation")
    • 31st Jul 18, 12:47 PM
    Wrongly issued PCN (again! same car park, same "violation") 31st Jul 18 at 12:47 PM
    Parking charge notice issued for vehicle staying more than six hours. Vehicle did not stay for more than six hours.

It was parked in the morning, it was off-site for hours, and then it was parked in the evening. No ANPR - an operator has photographed the vehicle 6.1 hours apart.

The same thing happened a couple of months ago (forum thread #5854340), reached POPLA stage, and UKPC chose not to contest. They know they were wrong to issue it. And now they've gone and slapped another PCN on the vehicle for the same thing happening on a different date.

In fact, the only difference is that on this occasion the vehicle wasn't even returned to the same space! It was returned to a different parking space, and this is fully evident in UKPC's own photographs.

1) Is there something I can do to reference the fact that they're clearly going to lose again, at initial appeal stage, that might let me avoid having to go through the entire POPLA song and dance again?

2) At what point does this become harassment?!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 31st Jul 18, 1:39 PM
    • 18,842 Posts
    • 29,660 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 31st Jul 18, 1:39 PM
    • 31st Jul 18, 1:39 PM
    Why not complain to the DVLA and tell them that yet again UKPC are having no regard for the accuracy of their operatives' photography in their greed for money, as once more they have repeated the same stunt (copy all your previous ticket case papers to them) they inflicted on you x weeks ago.

Tell the DVLA that their recent suspension of UKPC (and the one in 2015) has had no impact in improving their behaviour.

And why not contact the Press who ran with the national story on their doctoring of photographs - tell them nowt has changed, they're still using dodgy pics to screw motorists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • jcra
    • By jcra 2nd Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jcra
    • 2nd Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    Can I start charging them / counterclaiming for my time they're wasting? They know the case is frivolous: they declined to even contest it last time it went to POPLA.
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 2nd Aug 18, 5:08 PM
    • 3,360 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 2nd Aug 18, 5:08 PM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 5:08 PM
    In fact, the only difference is that on this occasion the vehicle wasn't even returned to the same space! It was returned to a different parking space, and this is fully evident in UKPC's own photographs.
    Originally posted by jcra
    This is definitely worth bringing up with the DVLA (UKPC had no justification to get the keeper details), and the BPA. The DVLA has banned UKPC in the past for similarly fraudulent behaviour. They need to be pressed to do the same again. Looks like the so-called "retraining" of their operatives hasn't really worked.
    • jcra
    • By jcra 2nd Aug 18, 5:57 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jcra
    • 2nd Aug 18, 5:57 PM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 5:57 PM
    So should I wait for a NTK so that they have to do a DVLA lookup, instead of appealing online (and therefore divulging the keeper details)? Any downside to this? It goes against the Newbies thread is all!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 2nd Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 3,753 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 2nd Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    The justification is that
    They
    Will
    Have
    Committed
    Fraud
    To obtain the keeper details. Again
    You go to the dvla after the ntk arrives and ask the company and reason they gave.
    • jcra
    • By jcra 8th Aug 18, 3:06 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jcra
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:06 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:06 PM
    OK, so I shouldn't submit any appeal at all on day 25-26?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Aug 18, 3:14 PM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 3,753 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:14 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 3:14 PM
    The purpose of submitting then is to avoid them going to the DVLA
    You want them to go to the DVLA
    So, what do you think?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,691Posts Today

8,544Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin