Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JDodson
    • By JDodson 30th Jul 18, 4:43 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JDodson
    Halifax
    • 30th Jul 18, 4:43 PM
    Halifax 30th Jul 18 at 4:43 PM
    I had 2 PPI claims which I sent to the Halifax along with copies of the original paperwork. Today I received letters asking me to complete an 11 page questionnaire (one for each) within 14 days.
    The problem I have is, is that it was a long time ago and really cannot remember much about the PPI (one was on mortgage and one on car loan). Is this a normal part of the process? What happens if I cannot answer the questions?
    Has anyone had any experience of this and can advise?

TIA
    Jude
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 30th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    • 95,390 Posts
    • 63,029 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 30th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    Is this a normal part of the process?
    If you supply insufficient information in your complaint. i.e. not saying what your reasons for complaining are the why you feel it was wrong, then being sent a questionnaire is normal.

What happens if I cannot answer the questions?
    you state that you cannot remember as the answer.

They will then assess your complaint based on the information you have supplied and the information that they hold.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • JDodson
    • By JDodson 30th Jul 18, 5:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JDodson
    • 30th Jul 18, 5:28 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 5:28 PM
    [QUOTE=dunstonh;74594678]If you supply insufficient information in your complaint. i.e. not saying what your reasons for complaining are the why you feel it was wrong, then being sent a questionnaire is normal.

Just a little surprised as I used the letter template from this site stating my complaint, why and evidence.
    It's hard enough to remember yesterday let alone 15 years ago
    • societys child
    • By societys child 30th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 5,440 Posts
    • 6,054 Thanks
    societys child
    • 30th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    Just a little surprised as I used the letter template from this site stating my complaint, why and evidence.
    Now they need to verify your (template) complaint.

It's hard enough to remember yesterday let alone 15 years ago
    . . and that's why they now need to ascertain just how accurate your recollections are.

• shaun99
    • By shaun99 31st Jul 18, 9:51 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    shaun99
    • 31st Jul 18, 9:51 AM
    • 31st Jul 18, 9:51 AM
    I had 2 PPI claims which I sent to the Halifax along with copies of the original paperwork. Today I received letters asking me to complete an 11 page questionnaire (one for each) within 14 days.
    The problem I have is, is that it was a long time ago and really cannot remember much about the PPI (one was on mortgage and one on car loan). Is this a normal part of the process? What happens if I cannot answer the questions?
    Has anyone had any experience of this and can advise?

TIA
    Jude
    Originally posted by JDodson

Hi, how did you get on with this? Sounds like the same questionnaire Iím doing, Iíve just posted a separate thread about.
    • Helena21
    • By Helena21 6th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Helena21
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:21 PM
    Hi I am in the same position I used a template letter from this site to send to 2banks and I got 1 back to say was sold PPI but this was over 20yrs ago, it tells me to contact them if I want to discuss the letter but don't know what to do? I do remember having to take out something if I was ill or sick to cover my mortgage any help would be greatly appreciated in advance !!!55357;!!!56397;
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 95,390 Posts
    • 63,029 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    If the bank has no details and you have no details then it is game over.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • JDodson
    • By JDodson 22nd Sep 18, 5:09 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JDodson
    • 22nd Sep 18, 5:09 PM
    • 22nd Sep 18, 5:09 PM
    All settled and received payment direct to bank account.

After filling in the questionnaire I received a phone call asking me the same questions all over again. I guess they wanted to see if my answers matched (pays to be honest).

Claim was settled last week��
    • gunsandbanjos
    • By gunsandbanjos 23rd Sep 18, 8:28 AM
    • 12,105 Posts
    • 105,054 Thanks
    gunsandbanjos
    • 23rd Sep 18, 8:28 AM
    • 23rd Sep 18, 8:28 AM
    I got the questionnaire from Halifax, haven’t filled it out yet as been incredibly busy.

Even without filling it in they have upheld my complaint and are repaying me just under £2.5k.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
    • JDodson
    • By JDodson 24th Sep 18, 8:56 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JDodson
    I think they only give you 2 weeks to return the questionnaire, so don't leave it too long
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

1,524Users online

Martin's Twitter