Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moremore
    • By moremore 30th Jul 18, 8:06 AM
    • 449Posts
    • 102Thanks
    moremore
    NewDay Card not providing itemised statement
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:06 AM
    NewDay Card not providing itemised statement 30th Jul 18 at 8:06 AM
    I have just activated my online statement of account I have NewDay Card since 2018. Had Debenham card before with NewDay, I stop using for year for same reason they don't provide itemised statements on my accounts.
    On returning goods purchased in sale I cannot marry them up as no indication what items has been returned just amount.
    They are way behind in their statement of accounts, when I return item at Debenhams counter I am told it will take 3 to 5 days for it to go back into my account but when I see my account it does not mentioned it there only price amount returned. due to them not been up-to-date with accounts. Is this normal.
    Also charges and interest lump together not stating what it is for or how much for each of them?
    How do I go about getting itemised statement from NewDay credit card to marry it up with old receipts. Can I go to their head office and asked for it?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 30th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    • 19,338 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    zx81
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:38 AM
    Your statements will only show the amount you spent at a given retailer.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 30th Jul 18, 8:57 AM
    • 2,558 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:57 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:57 AM
    No credit card company offers this.

Only store cards may.

But the Debenhams card is not a store card but a branded credit card
    • moremore
    • By moremore 30th Jul 18, 10:29 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    moremore
    • 30th Jul 18, 10:29 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 10:29 AM
    Surely it should separate interest/charge and say what interest is been charged otherwise how I am to know what interest been charged, I pay off what is owned at end of month. Other credit cards do this but seems not NewDay..
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 30th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 2,558 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 30th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    If you pay the balance in full each month then you won't be charged interest
    • moremore
    • By moremore 10th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    • 449 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    moremore
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    Thanks for advice, it is impossible with new day and I know I am being overcharged but have not got time right now to married up receipts my statements just now. In order to avoid any more hassle from them I will pay off balance in full and cancel my card but will I be able to recover overpayments from them or the store where I used my their card ?
    Thanks
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Nov 18, 1:24 PM
    • 2,558 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 10th Nov 18, 1:24 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 1:24 PM
    Why do you think you’re being overcharged?

Are you being charged interest?

I think you’re just confusing matters
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 10th Nov 18, 2:14 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    18cc
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:14 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:14 PM
    All credit cards simply show the date, retailer and amount.

For example, if you went to Sainsbury the line on your card would read Sainsbury, xxx. It would not show a list of groceries bought.

If you then subsequently returned an item to Sainsbury eg a bottle of wine then the card would simply show Sainsbury, yyy refund ie it would not mention the fact that it was a bottle of wine.
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 10th Nov 18, 2:44 PM
    • 3,608 Posts
    • 2,966 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:44 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:44 PM
    Credit cards - not for everyone apparently
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 10th Nov 18, 3:14 PM
    • 25,310 Posts
    • 12,542 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    OP you could try and buy and pay for each item individually?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • moremore
    • By moremore 10th Nov 18, 5:11 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    moremore
    Why do you think youre being overcharged?

Are you being charged interest?

I think youre just confusing matters
    Originally posted by Gary_Dexter
    perhaps, but not had time to check receipt and their customer services in appaling apparently. just get auto robot at end of line.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/newday.co.uk
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Nov 18, 6:13 PM
    • 2,558 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    You’ll always see negative reviews on TrustPilot. People tend to vent more rather than praise.

I think you’re just not grasping how a credit card works.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 10th Nov 18, 6:28 PM
    • 1,746 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    ...their customer services in appaling apparently. just get auto robot at end of line...
    Originally posted by moremore
    I have no problem getting through to a customer service agent.

I've had an Aqua Advance card for over five years now. Never had any need to complain.

I've also got an Amazon/New Day card and everything works smoothly.

I've never had any problems with New Day....I would definitely complain if they started itemised billing, as that would just be over-complicating the statements and would make it impossible to keep track of monthly spending...

Just my two-pence worth...
    Last edited by Willing2Learn; 10-11-2018 at 6:30 PM.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 10th Nov 18, 6:55 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 1,326 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    I have just activated my online statement of account I have NewDay Card since 2018.
    Which card do you have? According to New Day's website they operate 4 of their own brand cards, -Aqua, Marbles, Opus and Fluid, and 13 cards on behalf of different stores, but there isn't a card just called "New Day".

Had Debenham card before with NewDay, I stop using for year for same reason they don't provide itemised statements on my accounts....
    On returning goods purchased in sale I cannot marry them up as no indication what items has been returned just amount. ... Is this normal.
    Not only is it normal, it's universal. When you pay by card, the shop doesn't tell the card company what you've bought, only the amount you've spent, so it's impossible to provide the itemised statements you want because New Day has no idea what the item bought or returned was. It's the same with debit cards, by the way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin