Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 30th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    • 4,076Posts
    • 10,320Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Premier Inn Good Night Sleep Guarantee
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    Premier Inn Good Night Sleep Guarantee 30th Jul 18 at 12:00 AM
    We usually stay in premier inns as it's a case of you know what you're getting but never had to see whether the good nights sleep guarantee was just marketing hype ...until now.

Claimed on it for one night of our stay & I'm pleased to say that that nights cost is being reimbursed.

So well done PI for keeping your promises
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
Page 1
    • missile
    • By missile 30th Jul 18, 12:28 AM
    • 9,737 Posts
    • 4,886 Thanks
    missile
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:28 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:28 AM
    Name and praise.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • photome
    • By photome 30th Jul 18, 7:10 AM
    • 13,513 Posts
    • 9,022 Thanks
    photome
    • 30th Jul 18, 7:10 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 7:10 AM
    I have also used it, refunded without issue
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 30th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 24,893 Posts
    • 65,024 Thanks
    pollypenny
    • 30th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    We use PI regularly and have had two refunded nights, separate occasions.

However, I read last week that this guarantee is ending soon.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 30th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    • 21,148 Posts
    • 16,976 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 30th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    I stayed at 2 different PIs last weekend and neither of them mentioned the Good Night Guarantee, something that they used to do without fail, so I suspect Pollypenny may be right that it's either going or gone already.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 30th Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    • 3,202 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    Probably one of those perks that has been abused. We all pay for scroungers.
    • newatc
    • By newatc 30th Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    newatc
    We often stay at Premier Inns but avoid them now in summers unless they have air conditioning as invariably the rooms get too uncomfortable for sleeping.
    The occasion that made us take that stance, we had booked for ourselves and for our son. It was intolerably hot and we slept poorly. I complained in the morning and got refunds for both rooms. Subsequently met up with my son and asked him how he slept and he replied "like a log". Whoops.
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 30th Jul 18, 12:33 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 4,159 Thanks
    JReacher1
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:33 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:33 PM
    Probably one of those perks that has been abused. We all pay for scroungers.
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    As the post below you proves
    • cajef
    • By cajef 30th Jul 18, 12:51 PM
    • 4,851 Posts
    • 3,906 Thanks
    cajef
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:51 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 12:51 PM
    It was intolerably hot and we slept poorly. I complained in the morning and got refunds for both rooms.
    Originally posted by newatc
    I use Premier Inns regularly, when booking any hotel online it always states if there is no air conditioning.

Important Information
    There is no air conditioning at this hotel.
    All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 30th Jul 18, 12:58 PM
    • 17,372 Posts
    • 43,787 Thanks
    elsien
    I asked at reception once about the uptake of the guarantee, just from curiosity. The receptionist said that few people actually invoked it.

The only terrible nights sleep I've had where I might have considered it if available was at a Travelodge. Won't be using them again in a hurry.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 30th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 21,148 Posts
    • 16,976 Thanks
    agrinnall
    I asked at reception once about the uptake of the guarantee, just from curiosity. The receptionist said that few people actually invoked it.

The only terrible nights sleep I've had where I might have considered it if available was at a Travelodge. Won't be using them again in a hurry.
    Originally posted by elsien

I'm rather the same, the only times I haven't slept well at a PI was when it was too hot and I didn't consider that to be something they could do more about than they already had.
    Like you I have in the past had unpleasant stays in Travelodges, and for quite a few years I avoided them, but I've been to a few in the last couple of years and they seem a lot better now (and their new beds are pretty much as good as PI ones).
    • newatc
    • By newatc 30th Jul 18, 1:27 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    newatc
    As the post below you proves
    Originally posted by JReacher1
    We've stayed in PI scores of times and sometime have poor sleeps but have only claimed against the guarantee on the one occasion I mentioned because it was extreme.
    I suppose I could have gone back and returned half the refund but clearly I'm not as perfect as you.
    • JReacher1
    • By JReacher1 30th Jul 18, 2:32 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 4,159 Thanks
    JReacher1
    We've stayed in PI scores of times and sometime have poor sleeps but have only claimed against the guarantee on the one occasion I mentioned because it was extreme.
    I suppose I could have gone back and returned half the refund but clearly I'm not as perfect as you.
    Originally posted by newatc
    I am not perfect (miles from it)

I would just feel uncomfortable if I mislead Premier Inn and claimed that my son had a bad nights sleep to get my hotel room costs refunded when it was not true.

It seems underhand
    • ess0two
    • By ess0two 30th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 2,956 Posts
    • 3,836 Thanks
    ess0two
    Guarantee is now claimed online,rather than at the hotel reception.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 30th Jul 18, 7:21 PM
    • 24,893 Posts
    • 65,024 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Guarantee is now claimed online,rather than at the hotel reception.
    Originally posted by ess0two

Ah, yes, I remember now.

That would have suited me better the first time we had a problem. It was in an airport PI, with a new heating/cooling system which it was impossible to fathom in the middle of the night.

We mentioned our horrendous night as we dropped the key card off before our early flight, but were told we should have come down to reception and found someone to do it. Not likely, in pyjamas.

Anyway, we mentioned that the next time we checked in and told about the guarantee. The girl refunded a night then. We had paid considerably more, unfortunately.

We think they are great value - clean and comfortable. Don't often manage one if the 39 rooms, though.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • newatc
    • By newatc 30th Jul 18, 9:39 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    newatc
    I am not perfect (miles from it)

I would just feel uncomfortable if I mislead Premier Inn and claimed that my son had a bad nights sleep to get my hotel room costs refunded when it was not true.

It seems underhand
    Originally posted by JReacher1
    Just for the record I didn't mislead (didn't mention my son) and in fact didn't even claim the refund. I told the receptionist and she volunteered the refund which given all the circumstances (which I won't go into here) seemed reasonable compensation. At that point I had no idea my son had amazingly slept well as I think is clear in my original post.
    • EmmyLou30
    • By EmmyLou30 31st Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    EmmyLou30
    I've also only ever claimed once in years of always using PI. Website said air con (or I wouldn't have booked it!) and this was a blatent lie. So after getting no sleep in peak summer heat I claimed as was refunded without issue. I'd rather have had the sleep but good that a company sticks to it's promise as the OP said.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 31st Jul 18, 6:54 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Vegastare
    the good night sleep thing was not for weekends, I understood it was more aimed at getting business folk onboard through the week. if it's changed that's great because have given it a wide berth since my last w'end
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 4th Aug 18, 12:06 AM
    • 10,674 Posts
    • 20,200 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    I used to work for Premier Inn and it used to be a lot wider than now, now it is anything that disturbs your sleep whereas before I think it was if there was anything wrong with the room at all you could claim. I have only claimed once- when OH and I were in a PI in Edinburgh, the catch on the window was broken and there was heavy winds so the window not only banged all night but the noise of the wind howling through the window kept us both awake. we had asked earlier on to be moved but the hotel was full so we could not be. We were refunded without question. I know we used to get a few trying it on when I worked for PI which is why I would never mention it unless it was something pretty major like the Edinburgh incident.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!! Round 2 OU started 06/10- BSc Combined STEM, Year 1 E117 and W101.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018
    Miss you JV and TW
    Elle
    • kay0601
    • By kay0601 9th Aug 18, 11:25 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    kay0601
    I've had one night refunded. Upstairs from us there was someone running back and forth across the room until quarter to 12 which I didn't act on because I assumed they had a hyper kid. Then they went to bed and the creaking was horrendous to the point that the kid woke and started jumping about.

Went downstairs and asked for earplugs but they didn't have. My 4 year old slept, my oh got a couple of hours and I sat up basically all night. They got their message on the website asking for a refund at 04:44. Got a response asking why I didn't speak to reception at which point I told them to look for the sleepy hippo in zig zag pjs and on crutches (6 months pregnant with spd) on their cctv at half 12 and again at 3. They refunded less than an hour later

Should say we stay in PI's 6/7 times a year for a day or two at a time and never had an issue before or since
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

846Posts Today

6,985Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should fracking be allowed in the UK? A test site reopened this week to much local protest.? https://t.co/orpNJN6Bf9

• Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• Follow Martin