Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • woozlekeeper
    • By woozlekeeper 29th Jul 18, 2:42 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    woozlekeeper
    County Court letter for unpaid UKPC parking tickets
    • 29th Jul 18, 2:42 PM
    County Court letter for unpaid UKPC parking tickets 29th Jul 18 at 2:42 PM
    We received 2 parking tickets from UK Parking Control Ltd (UKPC) over the last year for parking in a commercial parking lot after working hours, when the premises were empty and the car park was no longer being used by customers (e.g. 8pm-midnight). It was dark when we parked and we did not see any private parking notices - but had a ticket on the windscreen when we returned. We have since had several follow-up letters which we ignored (advice found online) and have now received an official County Court Claim Form for a large sum (in the high hundreds ).

We have read the 'Newbies Thread' and have created a Government Gateway ID and an Acknowledgement of Service Form to activate the 14 day extension on the claim.

Unfortunately, we no longer have copies of the original letters that have been sent to us by UKPC. However, from memory - both photos were taken in the dark - and in the first letter the VRN was printed incorrectly.

The original letters were sent to an old address (that we still own but rent out) and UKPC seem to have used DVLA data to obtain our current address, because they then started sending the letters to our current location.

We would really appreciate some help in drafting an appropriate defence letter and advice with next steps. Thank you!
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 6:44 PM
    • 36,803 Posts
    • 20,926 Thanks
    Quentin
    Your expectation that this forum will write your defence for you was erroneous and politely pointed out to you immediately

Now you bite the hand(s) trying to help you!

Everyone who comes here for help is new to this!

If it was a straightforward issue there wouldn't be such a massive forum here resulting from all the confused newbies who manage to DIY in the end!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,671Posts Today

9,005Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin