Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BoyWithTheBlues
    • By BoyWithTheBlues 27th Jul 18, 11:08 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    BoyWithTheBlues
    Phone And Pay Late Payment (Civil Enforcement Ltd)
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:08 AM
    Phone And Pay Late Payment (Civil Enforcement Ltd) 27th Jul 18 at 11:08 AM
    Hello,

For work the driver parks in a hotel carpark maintained by Civil Enforcement Ltd and pays using the Phone And Pay app.

The driver pays 5 for 10 hours parking but only ever stay 9.30am !!!8211; 5.30pm.

This morning at 10.30am at work the driver realised they had forgot to use the app to pay for their parking. They paid 5 for the 10 hours the moment they realised. The signage states that payment must be made within 15 minutes. From prior experience they know that a parking charge notice will be generated for them (probably automatically) even though they have paid for 10 hours parking and will use less than that.

A couple of questions!!!8230;

Should they write to Civil Enforcement in advance of any automatically generated parking charge notice arriving?

If they wait for the PCN to arrive, what would be the best approach to take for them to get the charge cancelled? (As technically they have made the correct payment for the amount of hours parked).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by BoyWithTheBlues; 07-08-2018 at 4:39 PM.
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 27th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5,899 Posts
    • 6,183 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:13 AM
    Id wait and see if one arrives and go from there. No point contacting them.

Just on a side note, more than 100 a month on parking? is there no cheaper option?
    • BoyWithTheBlues
    • By BoyWithTheBlues 27th Jul 18, 11:20 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BoyWithTheBlues
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:20 AM
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:20 AM
    Id wait and see if one arrives and go from there. No point contacting them.

Just on a side note, more than 100 a month on parking? is there no cheaper option?
    Originally posted by Comms69
    Okay, cheers. I will bump this thread when it inevitably arrives.

And yes, my city centre is notoriously horrendous for parking! Currently seeking alternatives.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,471 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    Should I write to Civil Enforcement in advance of any automatically generated parking charge notice arriving?
    No. And CERTAINLY do not blab about who was driving, as that's the silver bullet here!

If I wait for the PCN to arrive, what would be the best approach to take for me to get the charge cancelled?
    You will hopefully have already read:

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST

at the top of this forum, and seen the template appeal in blue writing. If you get a PCN, then submit that online, CEL will cancel first go, no whimpering, they will crawl back under their stone as they recognise the wording. Scam over in one email!

• BoyWithTheBlues
    • By BoyWithTheBlues 27th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BoyWithTheBlues
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    No. And CERTAINLY do not blab about who was driving, as that's the silver bullet here!

You will hopefully have already read:

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST

at the top of this forum, and seen the template appeal in blue writing. If you get a PCN, then submit that online, CEL will cancel first go, no whimpering, they will crawl back under their stone as they recognise the wording. Scam over in one email!

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I did scan the Newbies thread, but I will return and give it a thorough read. Really appreciate the advice!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,471 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    You don't need to even read it, CEL are that easy to beat, a child could copy the blue writing into the appeal and win! Done it myself and for others.
    • BoyWithTheBlues
    • By BoyWithTheBlues 27th Jul 18, 11:35 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BoyWithTheBlues
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:35 AM
    • 27th Jul 18, 11:35 AM
    You don't need to even read it, CEL are that easy to beat, a child could copy the blue writing into the appeal and win! Done it myself and for others.
    Wow - sounds too good to be true but I'll certainly be doing this.

Superb.
    • BoyWithTheBlues
    • By BoyWithTheBlues 7th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BoyWithTheBlues
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:19 AM
    Hi guys, quick update.

So they inevitably received the parking charge notice.

Just to confirm - they don't need to alter the template. Simply copy and paste into the appeals form? I'll get this done right away if so.

Thanks again for all the great advice.
    Last edited by BoyWithTheBlues; 07-08-2018 at 4:40 PM.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 5,007 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 7th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    Yes, that was entirely the point of C-M tellling you to do that
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,462Posts Today

6,007Users online

Martin's Twitter