Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Axolotl
    • By Axolotl 26th Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Axolotl
    Santander Cashback on Gulf Gas and Power problems
    • 26th Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    Santander Cashback on Gulf Gas and Power problems 26th Jul 18 at 10:41 AM
    Has anyone else had problems with getting cashback on their Direct Debit for Gulf Gas and Power energy supplier?

I moved to Gulf recently, and Santander are saying I can't get cashback because Gulf Gas and Power is identified as a commercial and business only supplier, as identified by the direct debit OIN (SUN). Gulf says this is nonsense, they are only a residential energy supplier and have never supplied commercial and business users.

I am being passed back and forth between the bank and Gulf. No one wants to accept responsibility and each blames the other.

Any thoughts?

thanks
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 26th Jul 18, 12:15 PM
    • 11,084 Posts
    • 4,804 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 26th Jul 18, 12:15 PM
    • 26th Jul 18, 12:15 PM
    The provider of this cashback offer is responsible not Gulf .
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 26th Jul 18, 12:16 PM
    • 37,495 Posts
    • 21,711 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 26th Jul 18, 12:16 PM
    • 26th Jul 18, 12:16 PM
    formal complaint to the Bank is your route (which you can escalate should you be unhappy with the reply)
    • Axolotl
    • By Axolotl 6th Aug 18, 2:39 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Axolotl
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:39 PM
    Result!
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:39 PM
    I didn't have to go to a formal complaint. I re-opened the secure message thread where I had been fobbed off by Santander, pointing out that it was there problem to sort out, not mine or Gulf's, and a week later they have now added Gulf Gas and Power to their list of energy suppliers who qualify for cashback for personal banking customers.

They also paid a small amount of compensation to my S123 account that outweighs the cashback I missed out on.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,828Posts Today

9,430Users online

Martin's Twitter