Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 24th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    wishmun
    Advice needed
    • 24th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    Advice needed 24th Jul 18 at 1:54 PM
    Hello,

Its my first post here :-D And we all know why it is.

The driver of my vehicle parked on the private ground on (in)famous Aire Street, Leeds. I received PCN through the letter box few days after the event stating that there is a payment of 100 to be made. At the back the usual POFA 2012.
    Driver of my vehicle really wanted to pay by cash but the machine was saying NOT IN SERVICE. Driver was dumb enough to forget his phone and because it was Sunday he assumed its FREE... car was clocked for half an hour-ish. First appeal didn't go well. Template from parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-letter/ was used asking for a lot of information - none of the questions has been answered - they just responded with generic unsuccessful reply. Now there is around 2 weeks to appeal to POPLA.
    Within (only just) 28days from alleged event someone has gone to the same carpark and bought a ticket (which I now have) for the full (Sunday) day on my car registration number...
    Now how can this be approached? Out of interest I was reading the terms - I cant see the words there that one need to pay at the same day as one parked... so actually the parking was paid..

Best regards,

Mickey Mouse
Page 3
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 7:58 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    (bump)
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 9:40 AM
    • 36,837 Posts
    • 20,974 Thanks
    Quentin
    Are your initials *** (edited)
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-08-2018 at 9:57 AM.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 9:55 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    maybe... what am I missing Q?!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 9:56 AM
    • 36,837 Posts
    • 20,974 Thanks
    Quentin
    That your full name is shown via Dropbox.

Remove the links immediately!

And take the pics down and close the dB account - the links will still be viewable via cache
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-08-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 9:58 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    added different (appropriate) dropbox link...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z2lzu5cohz4sxf/POPLA.drafty.draft.pdf?dl=0
    Last edited by wishmun; 10-08-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: edit
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    @Quentin

Oh dear, I had a brain fart with this dropbox... on the other hand even if they know my name - I am just the keeper as this is my car obviously. When I send all to POPLA tomorrow all my pictures and info will be visible in that PDF anyway or I am missing something YET AGAIN :-D

Thx by the way for quick responding!
    Last edited by wishmun; 10-08-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: edit
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    • 36,837 Posts
    • 20,974 Thanks
    Quentin
    It's not just the drsft popla appeal you need to be anonymous for!

The ppcs monitor this forum.

That's why you should remain unidentifiable to them

They can use posts in your thread against you
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    @Quentin - so apart of above issues.. ;-) how this appeal look for you? Would you change anything/add? I need to send it tomorrow...
    Last edited by wishmun; 10-08-2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: edit
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    bumping again.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 11th Aug 18, 9:03 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wishmun
    Hello,

I submitted my appeal today. Waiting game begins.. Thank you everyone for input - although I was hoping for more help :-P lol

I will keep you updated and I will post edited appeal and response for others in need :-D

Have a good weekend!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,692Posts Today

7,302Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin