Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 24th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 8Thanks
    wishmun
    Advice needed
    • 24th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    Advice needed 24th Jul 18 at 1:54 PM
    Hello,

Its my first post here :-D And we all know why it is.

The driver of my vehicle parked on the private ground on (in)famous Aire Street, Leeds. I received PCN through the letter box few days after the event stating that there is a payment of 100 to be made. At the back the usual POFA 2012.
    Driver of my vehicle really wanted to pay by cash but the machine was saying NOT IN SERVICE. Driver was dumb enough to forget his phone and because it was Sunday he assumed its FREE... car was clocked for half an hour-ish. First appeal didn't go well. Template from parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-letter/ was used asking for a lot of information - none of the questions has been answered - they just responded with generic unsuccessful reply. Now there is around 2 weeks to appeal to POPLA.
    Within (only just) 28days from alleged event someone has gone to the same carpark and bought a ticket (which I now have) for the full (Sunday) day on my car registration number...
    Now how can this be approached? Out of interest I was reading the terms - I cant see the words there that one need to pay at the same day as one parked... so actually the parking was paid..

Best regards,

Mickey Mouse
Page 3
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 7:58 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    (bump)
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 9:40 AM
    • 37,490 Posts
    • 21,706 Thanks
    Quentin
    Are your initials *** (edited)
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-08-2018 at 9:57 AM.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 9:55 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    maybe... what am I missing Q?!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 9:56 AM
    • 37,490 Posts
    • 21,706 Thanks
    Quentin
    That your full name is shown via Dropbox.

Remove the links immediately!

And take the pics down and close the dB account - the links will still be viewable via cache
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-08-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 9:58 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    added different (appropriate) dropbox link...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z2lzu5cohz4sxf/POPLA.drafty.draft.pdf?dl=0
    Last edited by wishmun; 10-08-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: edit
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 10:22 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    @Quentin

Oh dear, I had a brain fart with this dropbox... on the other hand even if they know my name - I am just the keeper as this is my car obviously. When I send all to POPLA tomorrow all my pictures and info will be visible in that PDF anyway or I am missing something YET AGAIN :-D

Thx by the way for quick responding!
    Last edited by wishmun; 10-08-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: edit
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    • 37,490 Posts
    • 21,706 Thanks
    Quentin
    It's not just the drsft popla appeal you need to be anonymous for!

The ppcs monitor this forum.

That's why you should remain unidentifiable to them

They can use posts in your thread against you
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    @Quentin - so apart of above issues.. ;-) how this appeal look for you? Would you change anything/add? I need to send it tomorrow...
    Last edited by wishmun; 10-08-2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: edit
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 10th Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    bumping again.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 11th Aug 18, 9:03 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    Hello,

I submitted my appeal today. Waiting game begins.. Thank you everyone for input - although I was hoping for more help :-P lol

I will keep you updated and I will post edited appeal and response for others in need :-D

Have a good weekend!
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 31st Aug 18, 10:37 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    Hello again,

I received an email from POPLA. Operator Information and Evidence was submitted and I have 7days to respond. I went on to the portal. There is a document with the number of my case and my surname in .PDF. Guess what.. I cant open it. It shows error while opening on the website and also I downloaded the document few times on 2 different PCs to check and also is not working - the msg from Acrobat is saying - There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Whats the plan B folks?

Regards,

Mickey
    • Castle
    • By Castle 31st Aug 18, 10:56 AM
    • 1,922 Posts
    • 2,610 Thanks
    Castle
    Hello again,
    Whats the plan B folks?

Regards,

Mickey
    Originally posted by wishmun
    Phone POPLA and tell them to sort it out.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,658 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Email POPLA, of course, do we really have to say this obvious stuff?
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 31st Aug 18, 3:59 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    hi
    Asking them for fix is obvious - I am not that stupid as you think I am :-P ;-)

I meant if I could use it to my advantage - if I cant see this, POPLA probably will not see PE super duper evidence pack .pdf as well - hence my twisted thinking..

***update

I rang and POPLA sent the working document to me directly. Its 6mb instead of corrupted 2mb they had on the website. Now the question - is there anyone out here willing to have a look on the whole package they sent me and advice the answers to them? It will be so much easier if I can send it directly/share to interested person instead of editing 44 pages... and posting it here..

Regards,

Mickey
    Last edited by wishmun; 31-08-2018 at 5:41 PM. Reason: update
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 31st Aug 18, 6:25 PM
    • 3,666 Posts
    • 4,502 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Well you do the work first

Go through your appeal, and their response. Anything they've not answered - note it down. Anything not right + the signs aren't the right ones from the car park + note it down.
    If you don't show willing why should we?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Aug 18, 6:28 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,658 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We can't help individually, so either summarise what you have spotted as the main issues of contention (ignore the template waffle), or show us several pages (or the whole file, but with your name/address and VRN covered) and linked in Dropbox.
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 31st Aug 18, 7:25 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    homework
    Hi,

I will prep all and upload tomorrow before noon ;-)

With my not pro eye I can see few flaws in there but also few strong points on their side... will see tomorrow.

Have a good evening everybody!
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 1st Sep 18, 11:33 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    Hello lovely people,

Below is the link to .PDF I prepared. I did some remarks in red and xx all dates/info <-- I hope @Quentin ;-)

I don't have high hopes at the minute as I found out from their site plan in section F that there is 2nd p&d machine!!! on this car park which driver was not aware off - although there is no mentioning about it anywhere on the machine near the entry.

Whole document is a copy/paste job on PE side - 2 last pages are evidences. What I can see, there was no coin payment until last 2 mins of the car being within the car park. The 2 prior to that were made by mobile phone - which as I mention before driver didn't have.

Also the signed Letter of Written Authority looks not so great in my opinion. There is no printed name of the landowner so really its a scrible and a dodgy date.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eueh5jww4rc4uk/POPLA.Stage.2%20-%20Copy.pdf?dl=0

Let me know what you think. I suppose whatever I (we ;-)) write back to them all is in hands of almighty assessor anyway so luck is important...

Have a great weekend!

Mickey
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Sep 18, 1:20 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,658 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    - the WS is from 2013 and since ParkingEye contracts are for 12 months (as POPLA has seen before, including the Aire Street actual contract) there is nothing to say the contract continues five years/into perpetuity. No recent witness statement or evidence from 2018 provided.

- the so called 'evidence' of payments made appear to be just typed (edited/changed, even, and a parking firm were held by a Judge to have changed one such list, in a court case this Summer).

- This is not an actual data sheet from a parking machine, and even if it is, PE admit on page one and in their aerial photo that there are TWO machines. So why are there not two clear data sheets - one from each machine - and why only 3 payments - it suggests this is not the entire record from both machines. It may not even be a true list from Aire street or anywhere else, or could be from a different day - anyone could have typed those 3 lines purporting to have come from two machines in Leeds over a 2 hour period and it is unreasonable for POPLA to accept such shoddy evidence.

- It's a Golden Ticket! IT IS A GOLDEN BLINKING TICKET, look at the back!! No POFA wording, and PE have shown that voluntarily, LOL. The appellant wins on ''no keeper liability''.

Point POPLA in the right direction with the above 3 comments, on the Portal (you need to make the above points fit, short comments under 2000 characters).
    • wishmun
    • By wishmun 1st Sep 18, 1:38 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    wishmun
    Hi Coupon-mad,

I was super happy for a 15 seconds... but while cutting things out I was deleting first page of a PCN and by accident I deleted WHOLE 1st letter and 1st page of reminder, what I left is the 2nd page of a reminder (2nd PCN - and indeed its slightly different on the back). So the 2nd page of the 1st original letter unfortunately has POFA.

Damn ;-D

Nevertheless, your other point sounds good to me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,079Posts Today

9,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How much of your income do you spend on holidays each year? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/LZ3YIGra1p

• RT @FinanceJames: @MartinSLewis Absolutely do. I've been shouldered out of the way by cyclists - while on a bike myself - because I'd stopp?

• I no longer have a car. I mostly walk (& occasionally cycle). I don't need lecturing on bad drivers, I lost my moth? https://t.co/tsBYUEhRjt

• Follow Martin