Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 24th Jul 18, 11:11 AM
    • 57Posts
    • 26Thanks
    lovelylass
    1st PCN charge
    • 24th Jul 18, 11:11 AM
    1st PCN charge 24th Jul 18 at 11:11 AM
    Hi everyone. I've received a PCN charge (first one) so in a bit of a tiz. Firstly, they have got my name wrong. It is addressed to OK & then my surname e.g. OK Smith with my correct address (I guess that is supplied by DVLA).

The driver parked at Astle retail park, west brom to shop at M & S on recommendation from a friend. the car was parked for a total of 25 mins but no one saw the posters saying that it was pay and display. after receiving the PCN, I rang M & S to check this out and they advised that its pay and display and that they do not get involved in parking. I know we wont be going back there again!

How do I find out the landlord to complain too? I'm really nervous about this. thank you for your support
    Last edited by lovelylass; 24-07-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Page 2
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 28th Jul 18, 9:36 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    You didn't need another appeal.

What have you said in your new appeal??

The whole idea of following the advice in the Newbies FAQ thread on sending that template appeal is to ensure you don't shoot yourself by saying something incriminating and to ensure you get a popla code
    Originally posted by Quentin
    It was exactly the same as the first appeal. I didnít change anything. I thought they were just playing on it so resent exactly the same appeal.
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 28th Jul 18, 9:38 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    Smart Parking will cancel next month sometime, or will send you a POPLA code. Come back and tell us when they write to you and hopefully it will be cancellation, as they recognise the NEWBIES appeal wording.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thank you. I will keep u informed
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 28th Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    Thank you. I will definitely be writing to my MP about this! No one should have to go through this
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 7th Aug 18, 9:20 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    Iíve had another email from Smart parking saying that I need to complete an online form. Iíve already done this originally online on 24.7.18. I do not need to do it again do I?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Aug 18, 9:28 PM
    • 9,743 Posts
    • 10,109 Thanks
    KeithP
    You've told us nothing about the online form you completed on 24th July.

You have told us nothing about the online form they are asking you to complete now.

With that total lack of information it is extremely difficult to advise you what to do.
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 20th Aug 18, 6:16 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    Hi everyone
    I wanted to say a big thank you for helping me through this process despite me being a bag of nerves. I’ve received the response below:-

“I have noted the points you raised and would like to confirm that we are cancelling the Parking Charge Notice.”

Thank you all
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Aug 18, 8:04 PM
    • 8,791 Posts
    • 11,672 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi everyone
    I wanted to say a big thank you for helping me through this process despite me being a bag of nerves. Iíve received the response below:-

ďI have noted the points you raised and would like to confirm that we are cancelling the Parking Charge Notice.Ē

Thank you all
    Originally posted by lovelylass
    Good news ...... just goes to show that Smart scammed
    you in the first place

Rule of thumb is never go anywhere near a Smart
    run car park
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 22nd Aug 18, 6:34 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    Good news ...... just goes to show that Smart scammed
    you in the first place

Rule of thumb is never go anywhere near a Smart
    run car park
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I will certainly be double checking from now on

I still feel let down from M & S as despite emailing the CEO they didnít want to help. Well one less customer for them as itís showed me that loyalty certainly doesnít pay.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Aug 18, 2:26 AM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,657 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done - and thanks for confirming it worked as expected!
    • lovelylass
    • By lovelylass 26th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    lovelylass
    Well done - and thanks for confirming it worked as expected!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Yes it does work but you need nerves of steel lol. Thank you all for your help. I couldnít have done it without your help x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,351Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter