Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hucker
    • By hucker 22nd Jul 18, 9:02 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hucker
    Con artists - "Approved Garages"
    • 22nd Jul 18, 9:02 PM
    Con artists - "Approved Garages" 22nd Jul 18 at 9:02 PM
    I recently had the misfortune to use the "Farmers Autocare" garage in Alloa. When I tried to leave a negative review on "Approved Garages", it was rejected. Why? They only allow positive reviews, and it seems the garage is a "paid member" of the website. When I accused them of bribery they got shirty with me. When I informed them of the mostly bad reviews on Google about Farmers Autocare, they ignored me, and when I told them they refused to fit my own parts, they gave me some rubbish about an EU ruling about using approved parts (which are 4 times the price by the way). Seems like "approved garages" is an excuse to overcharge customers.
Page 14
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 10th Aug 18, 1:11 AM
    • 1,918 Posts
    • 1,309 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    I have a Uni degree.
    Originally posted by hucker
    What in? Bigotry? Did you get it from the University of Phoenix? You know the one that you send off a cheque for $4k and they send you a certificate?
    • welfayre
    • By welfayre 10th Aug 18, 10:02 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    welfayre
    No, the left wing take money from taxes and redistribute it to the people who don't do so much work. Mr Smith earns 40K and has no kids. Mr Jones earns 20K and has 3 kids. Who pays for the education of Mr Jones's kids? It's Mr Smith, despite not having any of his own.
    Mr Smith earns 40k and has no children. When Mr Smith falls ill, needs legal advice or even his car fixed, he expects other people's children to be educated enough to provide the assistance he needs. Mr Smith, like everyone else, benefits greatly by paying the taxes that provide this education. Are you advocating a society where only the wealthy are afforded a decent education?

I also doubt you have a degree. To achieve one you have to possess some ability to critically reflect and analyse, abilities you are quite clearly lacking.
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 10th Aug 18, 11:01 AM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 1,246 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    I have a Uni degree. But a lot of kids I went to school with left at 16 and are now binmen, Asda checkout assistants, etc. What's the point in taking more money from taxpayers to force these kids to get educated beyond their capabilities?
    Like I said their dad left at 16.
    Hi there! Weve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youre unsure why its been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 10th Aug 18, 11:04 AM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 1,246 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    No, the left wing take money from taxes and redistribute it to the people who don't do so much work.
    Just like our right wing government are doing now?
    Hi there! Weve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youre unsure why its been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 10th Aug 18, 11:59 AM
    • 1,918 Posts
    • 1,309 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    No the right wingers like Lord Ashcroft are leaving for tax free havens like rats leaving a sinking ship as a result of them sailing it into a gert big rock called a stupidus brexitus.
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 10th Aug 18, 12:23 PM
    • 1,126 Posts
    • 1,276 Thanks
    treboeth
    What in? Bigotry? Did you get it from the University of Phoenix? You know the one that you send off a cheque for $4k and they send you a certificate?
    Originally posted by Mercdriver
    Such a wrong comment to make.

Obviously a Mickey Mouse Degree from Disney
    • almillar
    • By almillar 10th Aug 18, 1:02 PM
    • 7,466 Posts
    • 3,051 Thanks
    almillar
    I brew my own so the government can't steal 90% of the cost in taxes after having no input whatsoever into making it.
    And what about the cake in the coffee shop that we were talking about? You've just ignored a massive markup on a price you seem happy to pay.
    • hucker
    • By hucker 10th Aug 18, 8:56 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hucker
    How was cub scout camp Mr Glitter?

Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    Your childish comment only serves to convey your low intelligence. And why has your sig been removed I wonder....
    • hucker
    • By hucker 10th Aug 18, 8:58 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hucker
    Third party insurance is a gamble.
    No, it's a requirement to stop the pigs pulling me over.

I guess you buildings insurance is covered by housing benefit.
    No, I just don't have any.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

2,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin