Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nettiebuk
    • By Nettiebuk 21st Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nettiebuk
    Over 50's life insurance or high interest account
    • 21st Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    Over 50's life insurance or high interest account 21st Jul 18 at 12:43 PM
    Hi I'm 50 in January and was planning to open an over 50's life insurance account due to medical issues.
    But reading a few opinions aren't really that good.
    Both my partner & I, not married, we're considering opening a high interest long term savings account just for funeral costs.
    What would be the best option. We have no property so it would be purely for funeral costs.
    Thanks
    Nettie.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 22nd Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 93,978 Posts
    • 61,784 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 22nd Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 22nd Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    Over 50 life insurance plans are an option of last resort for those that cannot get proper life assurance.

Have you been declined a normal life assurance plan? (as that is usually the only time you would consider an over 50s plan)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Nettiebuk
    • By Nettiebuk 6th Aug 18, 10:47 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nettiebuk
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:47 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:47 AM
    Yes been refused due to the medication I'm on.
    They recommend waiting till I was 50.
    • Weighty1
    • By Weighty1 6th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    Weighty1
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    What about paying for a funeral expense plan over a few years? This would become paid up after the payment period and then pays for the funeral whenever that may occur.
    • Nettiebuk
    • By Nettiebuk 6th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nettiebuk
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:43 PM
    Never thought of that. Wasn't sure.. Lol
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,654Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin