Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • breakingbad
    • By breakingbad 19th Jul 18, 3:13 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 85Thanks
    breakingbad
    Selling our house - why aren't people viewing?
    • 19th Jul 18, 3:13 PM
    Selling our house - why aren't people viewing? 19th Jul 18 at 3:13 PM
    So our house has been on the market for nearly 3 weeks now, in that time it's had over 1000 views on Rightmove / Zoopla, but only 3 viewings.

a) is that normal?
    b) I'd be very grateful if someone would take the time to look at the advert and let me know what they think. If you PM me I will send a link (I don't want to post a link on the open forum, as this will lead to hundreds of views, making tracking the popularity pointless).

Thanks in advance!
Page 3
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 19th Jul 18, 11:21 PM
    • 5,036 Posts
    • 7,565 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    I think there may be a bit of resistance to that location. The houses are surrounded by a railway line, main road, electricity substation or some sort of electricity station and an industrial estate.
    • Elfinpie
    • By Elfinpie 19th Jul 18, 11:22 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Elfinpie
    I think the house decor is lovely - yellow kitchen walls and all lol! There are 3 main points that would (personally) put me off:
    OIEO - simple buyer psychology... you want to feel like you're getting a bargain. OIEO loses that.
    Lack of garden privacy - immediate thought would be 'ooo price of fencing'. I'd get some cheap screening to fix that.
    And finally, kids rug in the lounge - if I was buying a family home I'd like some distinction between adult and child space. At the moment I would think there was none.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 20th Jul 18, 9:13 PM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Depends on the area. I just sold my house for 305,000. 95,000 more than I paid in 2013. Totally insane.
    Originally posted by SG27

Can you post a link?
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 20th Jul 18, 10:48 PM
    • 7,073 Posts
    • 6,776 Thanks
    00ec25
    Can you post a link?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    poor old Crashy, head buried so far in the sand he should be able to smell Australia

3 Bed semi
    5 years, 10 months, & 7 days
    price paid 2/7/12 305,000
    price sold 9/4/18 497,500
    price increase +63% or + 192,500 or 2,750 PER MONTH
    49, Newenham Road, Surrey KT23 4NH
    Last edited by 00ec25; 20-07-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 21st Jul 18, 8:43 PM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/4/transaction-volumes-now-a-little-scary-warns-leading-m-racket-analyst
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 21st Jul 18, 11:16 PM
    • 7,073 Posts
    • 6,776 Thanks
    00ec25
    argh yes, a classic non sequitur reply from Crashy. He asks for a link then ignores the response because it means he'd have to listen
    Last edited by 00ec25; 21-07-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 22nd Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    The perceived wisdom on here is that new builds lose value as soon as you buy them, and if you add Brexit and U.S pushing for rate rises I think you are being pretty ambitious with your pricing in this case.
    Not all the time. We've just bought a 6 year old house where the previous (first) owners paid 85k less in 2012.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 22nd Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    • 10,948 Posts
    • 12,614 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Not all the time. We've just bought a 6 year old house where the previous (first) owners paid 85k less in 2012.
    Originally posted by paddyandstumpy
    There's a big difference between 6 years of house price inflation and six months !
    Last edited by AnotherJoe; 22-07-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 22nd Jul 18, 2:30 PM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    poor old Crashy, head buried so far in the sand he should be able to smell Australia

3 Bed semi
    5 years, 10 months, & 7 days
    price paid 2/7/12 305,000
    price sold 9/4/18 497,500
    price increase +63% or + 192,500 or 2,750 PER MONTH
    49, Newenham Road, Surrey KT23 4NH
    Originally posted by 00ec25

That isn`t a link, and the post I replied to said they had JUST sold their house for 305,000, not sold it 6 years ago for 305,000?
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 23rd Jul 18, 12:51 AM
    • 7,073 Posts
    • 6,776 Thanks
    00ec25
    That isn`t a link, and the post I replied to said they had JUST sold their house for 305,000, not sold it 6 years ago for 305,000?
    i was not linking to their house, I was giving you the info you need to go look at one of thousands of properties which have increased in price over all the years you have been predicting a price crash. As ever, you refuse to take note of facts that disprove your stance

the house in my example sold 2 months ago having risen over the last 6 years, but of course you'll deny that, as prices are crashing according to you despite the evidence to the contrary
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 23rd Jul 18, 8:54 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    wesleyad
    i was not linking to their house, I was giving you the info you need to go look at one of thousands of properties which have increased in price over all the years you have been predicting a price crash. As ever, you refuse to take note of facts that disprove your stance

the house in my example sold 2 months ago having risen over the last 6 years, but of course you'll deny that, as prices are crashing according to you despite the evidence to the contrary
    Originally posted by 00ec25
    You could link house prices rises till your fingers bled and he'd still just move the goalposts , ignore, link completely unrelated article etc.

I don't know why you guys bother engaging with him. I mean, who is so invested in a crash that they call themselves "crashy time" and becoming a running joke (oo a house price thread, how long before crashy rolls in?).

The sad thing is, eventually there will be a crash/correction (naive to think there ever wont be), and he'll be gloating for years about how "right" he was.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 10th Aug 18, 11:46 AM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Did the house sell in the end?
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 10th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    • 651 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    sal_III
    You could have PMed the OP(s), instead of reviving a number of zombie threads on the matter...
    • westernpromise
    • By westernpromise 10th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 4,263 Posts
    • 5,546 Thanks
    westernpromise
    You could link house prices rises till your fingers bled and he'd still just move the goalposts , ignore, link completely unrelated article etc.

I don't know why you guys bother engaging with him. I mean, who is so invested in a crash that they call themselves "crashy time" and becoming a running joke (oo a house price thread, how long before crashy rolls in?).

The sad thing is, eventually there will be a crash/correction (naive to think there ever wont be), and he'll be gloating for years about how "right" he was.
    Originally posted by wesleyad
    My work here is done
    Buying a house, if you believe the market has a way to fall, or if you are paying sill asking prices ( like some sheeple ) or if you are buying in London, is now a massive financial gamble!!!!! - June 8, 2012 by TheCountOfNowhere
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 10th Aug 18, 1:01 PM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    You could have PMed the OP(s), instead of reviving a number of zombie threads on the matter...
    Originally posted by sal_III

Would defeat the purpose of a FORUM though wouldn`t it. Looks like Turkey (or at least it`s leader) is talking us towards another credit crunch as we type, so I doubt this type of thread will be in zombie land for long.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 10th Aug 18, 1:02 PM
    • 5,510 Posts
    • 25,867 Thanks
    Slinky

Been on holiday Crashy?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 10th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Been on holiday Crashy?
    Originally posted by Slinky

Been viewing some houses.
    • buggy_boy
    • By buggy_boy 10th Aug 18, 1:29 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    buggy_boy
    Been viewing some houses.

Did you offer them 2 chewits, a used hanky and a random button? Or is that too pricey for you
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 10th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 6,658 Posts
    • 2,467 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Did you offer them 2 chewits, a used hanky and a random button? Or is that too pricey for you
    Originally posted by buggy_boy

No, there is such a thing as fair value, but how that is measured can change very quickly due to a myriad of reasons outwith our control, many people are starting to realise this now, unfortunately many of them are trying to sell houses
    • buggy_boy
    • By buggy_boy 10th Aug 18, 2:00 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    buggy_boy
    No, there is such a thing as fair value, but how that is measured can change very quickly due to a myriad of reasons outwith our control, many people are starting to realise this now, unfortunately many of them are trying to sell houses
    I agree, but it has always been the case people think their house is worth more than it actually is.... But have you realised yet that houses are worth way more than you think they should be worth?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,248Posts Today

8,750Users online

Martin's Twitter