Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 19th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    • 2,792Posts
    • 1,120Thanks
    Cotta
    Honour in NI's Politicians?
    • 19th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    Honour in NI's Politicians? 19th Jul 18 at 11:10 AM
    Hi All,

In light of the latest political scandal involving Ian Paisley who is showing no signs of resigning, I wonder if our local politicians have any honour? It is rare for one to resign when their standards fall short of parliamentary requirements, why is this the case?

Thanks
Page 4
    • bingo bango
    • By bingo bango 30th Jul 18, 1:44 PM
    • 2,492 Posts
    • 1,681 Thanks
    bingo bango
    If Jim Allister is to be believed, then Peter Robinson is only a step away from doing so.......

Linky to the BT article.
    • qwert yuiop
    • By qwert yuiop 30th Jul 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 1,497 Thanks
    qwert yuiop
    If I could make it work, I'd add a link to youtube of bob Marley singing "DUPpy Conqueror" - " I've been accused many times now, wrongly abused now....I'm a DUPpy conqueror."
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
    • Zola.
    • By Zola. 30th Jul 18, 7:15 PM
    • 1,279 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    Zola.
    The problem will always be with the respective fear of voters of the big two.

'I can't stop voting for X because Y will gain more power'. Its so bloody boring and !!!!!.

Totally agree with Jose on page 3 about career politicians, although the smaller parties have no power to do anything right now anyway.

WTF is Bradley doing?

WHY HASN'T THE PAY BEEN CUT??
    • x12yhp
    • By x12yhp 31st Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 771 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    x12yhp
    The problem is that NI politics is solely about what is best for 'me'. It is my way, or the highway. That isn't politics.

Until we start realising that the solution is through mutual compromise - yes, we want to look out for our own goals, but not to the detriment of the whole - we haven't a hope.

Abolish the executive right now. Start from the floor. Standing parties must have substantial cross community representation. Party officers must have at least a 60:40 split, or similar. For goodness sakes, everything else needs there to be fair hiring policy, how can political parties be exempt from this?
    Always overestimating...
    • qwert yuiop
    • By qwert yuiop 1st Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 1,497 Thanks
    qwert yuiop
    Are the dup backing a united ireland or something?
    Originally posted by qwert yuiop
    ...because if they are, they're one up on Mary Lou, who wants a border poll, but doesn't want a border poll.
    • BigAl94
    • By BigAl94 6th Aug 18, 6:03 PM
    • 1,656 Posts
    • 917 Thanks
    BigAl94
    This could be interesting https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/invitation-to-popes-mass-in-dublin-for-dups-arlene-foster-37186839.html
    • qwert yuiop
    • By qwert yuiop 7th Aug 18, 8:51 AM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 1,497 Thanks
    qwert yuiop
    If she doesn't go, she won't have a leg to stand on? Will she have a lame excuse? She might enjoy the trip, the crack might be good. Etc
    Last edited by qwert yuiop; 07-08-2018 at 9:25 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

8,886Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin