Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 16th Jul 18, 11:24 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Kieran1301
    Chased for old ccj
    • 16th Jul 18, 11:24 PM
    Chased for old ccj 16th Jul 18 at 11:24 PM
    Hi all
    Hope some one can help.
    I had a email today off lantern which I worked out used to be mmf. Sayying that they need to speak to me about my ref. Please register on the site to make a payment plan so I registered to see what this was. No address given just my email against ref number. A debt for 6300 off British credit trust. I can't recall numbers but I remember I had ccj on my first ever car when I was 18. The ccj went on few years later. While I had that ccj I moved In with my gf rented.(both on rent papers) for 3 years. Moved again rented a house for 5 years together. Then bought a house last year.
    The ccj was there a few years ago but was not on my credit report last year or I wouldn't have got the mortgage. It was off for few years before this to, I just cant recall when it left my report. But till today I have not hered nothing about it and i still don't know this is about 100 percent but it must be.
    There's no info on the site about where the 6300 is from etc. So far i have sent a message sayying this has nothing to do with me as I have no debt and you must have the wrong person.
    Am I going to have to start to pay this? I have seen they have to request to take action from a judge after I sent a template letter. Would the judge say ok ?
    Where's the temple letter ready please.
    Thank you
Page 2
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 26th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    • 14,922 Posts
    • 14,004 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Yeah a signed for letter ?
    Is the letter link easy to find.
    Originally posted by Kieran1301

Follow this link, just get Fatbelly`s opinion before you do anything :

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Time-has-run-out-to-recover-the-debt-%28sole-name%29.aspx
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 26th Jul 18, 4:57 PM
    • 12,555 Posts
    • 9,631 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I think that letter's OK. It doesn't do any harm. They may come back with details of the ccj. Or they may just give up.
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 26th Jul 18, 6:10 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    You think if they had the ccj in front of them they would or.just showed me that. It would jump steps for them to a un arguable outcome.
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 26th Jul 18, 6:59 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    The ref number is also M381745
    I have changed the numbers for.obv reason. But wouldn't that be a ccj court ref number if they knew it?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 26th Jul 18, 9:07 PM
    • 14,922 Posts
    • 14,004 Thanks
    sourcrates
    You think if they had the ccj in front of them they would or.just showed me that. It would jump steps for them to a un arguable outcome.
    The ref number is also M381745
    I have changed the numbers for.obv reason. But wouldn't that be a ccj court ref number if they knew it?
    Lantern have nothing to do with the county court judgement, it fell off your credit file before they even brought the debt, they most likely have no knowledge of it ever been granted.

Like you have been advised, use this to your advantage, send the statute barred letter, see what comes back from that.

No point speculating further.
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 2nd Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    Sent the letter but not heared anything back regarding the leter. But since I had the last reply to the prove it letter I sent I am getting a email everyday sometimes twice telling me that they will pass the debt on to a external recovery companies.
    Isn't that what they are :S
    Or legal assistance with their solicitors.
    They are none stop now.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 2nd Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 14,922 Posts
    • 14,004 Thanks
    sourcrates
    They will be automated emails, Lantern buy these accounts, then farm them out to other agencies to collect if you don't bow down straight away.

They have form for not answering letters as well.

• Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 11th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    So I have had a reply to the limitations letter.
    Thank you for reply. You account has been placed hold while we conduct a investigation which we will contact the prev debters (moorcraft) which is them self :s and the creditor.
    Is this normal.
    Will the creditor know if it had a ccj. I asume the ccj would of come from the debt collector.
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 11th Aug 18, 1:36 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    And also said this will conduct time whilst we investigate. So off they have no idea it is a ccj either.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 11th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 12,555 Posts
    • 9,631 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Any court claim has to be made by the owner of the debt.

I did have the case of a stupid debt collector (and I remember the name) who tried to start a whole load of court claims in his own name when only appointed by a particular business to collect for them. Ended up in a massive legal battle with the business who employed him!

Anyway, you have said it's statute barred. They have said they are looking into it.

Post again when they tell you whether they agree with you or not
    Last edited by fatbelly; 11-08-2018 at 1:39 PM. Reason: was going to comment on that reference number, but I see it's a fake one
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 11th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    Ok so liklyhood is they going to contant the finance company, they will thell them they had a ccj. Heres the evidence and i then get the letter back sayying.
    Because dont seem like they giving up off that letter like some I have read on here have.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 11th Aug 18, 1:55 PM
    • 12,555 Posts
    • 9,631 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Ok so liklyhood is they going to contant the finance company, they will thell them they had a ccj. Heres the evidence and i then get the letter back sayying.
    Because dont seem like they giving up off that letter like some I have read on here have.

Well maybe they will, and maybe not - and that's why you sent them the sb letter- to find out which it is.
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 11th Aug 18, 2:19 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    Ok I just found out that Capquest bought out British credit trust (car finance) in 2014 to and I have never heared off capquest. So with a bit of luck they may have not got any of my info on.the case anymore. Fingered crosses
    • Kieran1301
    • By Kieran1301 11th Aug 18, 2:21 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kieran1301
    And lantern st8ll has British credit trust down as the owners of the debt which they are not. So they obv dont know they don't exsist anymore to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,078Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin