Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 15th Jul 18, 6:26 AM
    • 1,939Posts
    • 1,144Thanks
    Sncjw
    Warm home discount
    • 15th Jul 18, 6:26 AM
    Warm home discount 15th Jul 18 at 6:26 AM
    Hi

Iíve just checked the criteria for the reader group for Utilita energy. I was hoping due to the dwp page saying low income that I could get it. However itís all for people on benefits.

I know thereís left over spaces get allocated so for those who work do you manage to get a space on the warm home discount.

I earn 13,000 a year after tax so thatís my rough take home pay. I can save up to cover the winter which I am going to try and do from now anyways.
Page 1
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 15th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 5,397 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 15th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    • 15th Jul 18, 10:15 AM
    Different companies have different criteria for WHD in the non-core group.

Have a look at each company website, and see if you can change to one of them if it gives you a financial advantage.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
    • Joyful
    • By Joyful 15th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 1,162 Thanks
    Joyful
    • 15th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    It's also not your take home pay. It's you salary before any deductions that must be below £16190. If you are not on benefits, some companys will look for fuel poverty. this means you using more than 10% of your total income on fuel.
    I am an employee of British Gas.The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
    • jamiesb
    • By jamiesb 9th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    jamiesb
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    It seems to be that Utilita are a bit sneaky when it comes WHD applications and being upfront about when and how to apply it's a shame it's such a hassle https://selectra.co.uk/news/warm-home-discount-scam Also it seems like you need to be with an eligible supplier that does it on a specific date in July to apply for it if you happen to have switched away ... so many arbitrary conditions!
    Last edited by jamiesb; 09-08-2018 at 9:33 AM. Reason: new information
    • Joyful
    • By Joyful 9th Aug 18, 10:41 AM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 1,162 Thanks
    Joyful
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:41 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:41 AM
    jamiesb The July date is only for those on guaranteed pension credit. This means if they move supplier, as long as they were with a company that does the WHD they will still get it. For the Broader group, you must be on supply at the time the payment is made with the company that you applied for it with.
    I am an employee of British Gas.The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Centrica, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,028Posts Today

7,860Users online

Martin's Twitter