Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Jul 18, 9:47 AM
    • 61,187Posts
    • 43,740Thanks
    soolin
    private sellers, read your ebay offers
    • 14th Jul 18, 9:47 AM
    private sellers, read your ebay offers 14th Jul 18 at 9:47 AM
    Lots of chat elsewhere about the changes to the regular free listings offered to private sellers, so I would urge all private sellers to read your offer terms and conditions carefully and keep an eye on your charges.

It looks like ebay are rolling out different offers to different people, but as private sellers are so used to the 100 a day free listings they are not reading the actual T and Cs. Some of the new offers require automatic relisting to be ticked- which can incur a charge on the re list, others have conditions around best offers must be enabled on both auctions and BINs- which is causing some stress as there doesn't seem to be any way to enable offers on auctions. different people are getting different terms and conditions, I know we had a thread on here recently (which I can't find) asking about offers on auctions but their t and Cs required that only on accounts where it was possible, some people posting say that part of the statement has now been removed.

I hope we are a little more savvy on here and query before listing if we see an unexpected charge , however it seems that elsewhere people are assuming the 35p charge showing is wrong, and going ahead. Others are reporting charges showing up on the auto relisting.

So be careful, read your own T and Cs, ignore what other people say they have- only your offer matters to you. If you see a charge before you list , stop and work out why. If you have to go for an auto relist check whether that will be chargeable when re listed.

Anyone, business or private can check their fees as they go along, there is an itemised list - so keep an eye on it.

EDIT: Some private accounts still do have the old 100 free listings a day with no restrictions- except, as in my case, the minimum auction term is now 5 days having gone up from 3.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 2
    • oldwally
    • By oldwally 10th Aug 18, 1:30 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    oldwally
    1000 items hardly seems like a real private seller, so perhaps this is eBay's way finally doing something about the wrongly registered sellers.
    Originally posted by soolin
    You could well be right,dunno if hes a private seller on not,will have to have another look.But the supply of Buttons and door knobs is gonna drop off
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Aug 18, 1:40 PM
    • 61,187 Posts
    • 43,740 Thanks
    soolin
    You could well be right,dunno if hes a private seller on not,will have to have another look.But the supply of Buttons and door knobs is gonna drop off
    Originally posted by oldwally
    He could well still use the 100 a day free listings by using auto relist. It also hasn't yet been rolled out to everyone, my private account still has the 100 a day with no restrictions except for the listing duration.

In one of my categories I sell in I am up against a 'private' seller who at one point last month had nearly 3000 listings, she really must have been using every one of her 100 a day free listings.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • oldwally
    • By oldwally 10th Aug 18, 1:47 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    oldwally
    Well I'm confused, Ive relisted my 4 things that have been around for weeks (only sold 2 things this year !) my account page say 4 gone 96 to come but further on down the page it shows 4 out of 20 listed + 100 with the 35 pence thing ?

Only relisted the above things 'cause I'd done the hard work pics blurb etc,so might as well bung 'em on again. Ive two other items I'm going to list...... and if they don't go by Sept-Oct in the bin they go (charity shops wont want them).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,502Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter