Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 13th Jul 18, 11:49 PM
    • 7,038Posts
    • 15,234Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Selling a used Kitchen
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:49 PM
    Selling a used Kitchen 13th Jul 18 at 11:49 PM
    Has anyone sold a used kitchen through a kitchen re sale company like used kitchen exchange?

We will be replacing ours this autumn and our existing kitchen which is old but still in excellent condition seems too good to just be dumped. We are also getting rid of appliances varying in age from 2 years to 8 years and all in good working order. We are trying to decide whether it is worth the hassle of selling it on ourselves or just getting our builder to dump it.
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 14th Jul 18, 12:19 AM
    • 1,881 Posts
    • 2,704 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 14th Jul 18, 12:19 AM
    • 14th Jul 18, 12:19 AM
    Can't comment on the selling of kitchen or appliances, but don't be too hasty in dumping everything. I bagged a perfectly good integrated fridge from a house just down the road. They were renovating and replacing the kitchen and had put the fridge on their drive ready to be carted off to the dump.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 14th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    • 33,046 Posts
    • 19,924 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 14th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    • 14th Jul 18, 9:41 AM
    freecycle as a job lot to get it taken away for free in one go.

Up to ebay/gumtree/local ads of selected item groups to try to max the value.

Even aged units get taken for workshop/garage projects.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 14th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    • 4,564 Posts
    • 10,444 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 14th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    • 14th Jul 18, 11:57 AM
    You might consider ebay. I bought a used kitchen on ebay, was in near mint condition and I knew it would fit into my kitchen. Helped (a lot) that it was still a current range for the manufacturer so I was able to get a couple more units to finish it off.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 14th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 14th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    • 14th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    When we moved house we brought our old kitchen units with us - the purchaser was going to rip them out. 20+ years on still giving good service in our garage.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 14th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 2,576 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    • 14th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    • 14th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    Definitely try to sell the old appliances if nothing else.

When we renovated our old kitchen 6 years ago we decided to get a seperate fridge and freezer. That meant we had to get rid of our 15 year old Beko fridge freezer, we listed it as a 99p start on eBay on the assumption that even that is still a lot better than paying the council to take it away and dump. We ended getting over 30 for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,548Posts Today

6,929Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin