Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MasterShardlake
    • By MasterShardlake 13th Jul 18, 9:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MasterShardlake
    Reimbursement from Coop for funeral bill not forthcoming
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:45 PM
    Reimbursement from Coop for funeral bill not forthcoming 13th Jul 18 at 9:45 PM
    Hi there,
    My wife's mother died recently and her brother paid the bill for the Doctor's certificates (164). This was in March. The lady at the Coop Funeral Care told my wife that this was clearly covered in the pre-paid funeral plan and that therefore we would quickly be refunded. Although she has requested (repeatedly) that the main office reimburse my wife's family for this, nothing happens. When we try to call the main office they blandly reassure my wife that we will be refunded, but nothing happens. What is the best way to pursue this? Is there a complaints procedure? It has cast a shadow over the whole service given by the Coop during what has been a distressing time.
Page 1
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 13th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 11,441 Posts
    • 13,211 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    Try posting on their Twitter account.

"Still waiting a refund 12 weeks after it was acknowledged one would be provided" or something like that.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 14th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 3,263 Posts
    • 2,127 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 14th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 14th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    Time for a written letter marked COMPLAINT

Don't bother with email or phone
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • paddy's mum
    • By paddy's mum 15th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 12,875 Thanks
    paddy's mum
    • 15th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    • 15th Jul 18, 1:31 PM
    What is the best way to pursue this?
    Originally posted by MasterShardlake
    I'd say you have very effectively just done it!

Perhaps some kind person should point out this thread to the manager of the Co-op's financial section.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

255Posts Today

3,409Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin