Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dori2o
    • By dori2o 13th Jul 18, 8:08 PM
    • 7,712Posts
    • 12,910Thanks
    dori2o
    0 WOW
    Vinyl (records) cleaning fluid.
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:08 PM
    0 WOW
    Vinyl (records) cleaning fluid. 13th Jul 18 at 8:08 PM
    Sorry if this is not the right/best part of the forum.

I use my own diy cleaning fluid to clean my vinyl

1part 90/91% isopropyl alcohol
    4 parts distilled water
    Few drops of a wetting agent.

The issue I have is the wetting agent.

Most forums/sites I've looked, both here and in the US suggest using kodak photo flo, or, clear and unscented (anti bacterial if poss) washing up liquid.

I generally use the 'eco friendly' clear unscented stuff from the local supermarket, but I've been thinking recently about hand sanitiser.

Anyone here make their own vinyl cleaning fluid who can discuss the pro's / con's of using hand sanitiser as the wetting agent?
    To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
Page 1
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 13th Jul 18, 11:23 PM
    • 6,787 Posts
    • 15,923 Thanks
    barmonkey
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:23 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:23 PM
    I use the glasses cleaning wipes that Lidl sells.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

7Posts Today

3,874Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin