Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samkumra
    • By samkumra 13th Jul 18, 5:34 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    samkumra
    MET McDonalds Parking Charge for 'leaving premises' although bought food
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:34 PM
    MET McDonalds Parking Charge for 'leaving premises' although bought food 13th Jul 18 at 5:34 PM
    MET McDonalds Southall 100 Parking Charge for 'leaving premises'.

Car was in car park for 25 mins, (90 min limit).

I have credit card receipts showing I purchased food.

I left car park for 11 minutes and spoke to security guard who said it was ok.

Any grounds for appeal?
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jul 18, 5:38 PM
    • 4,233 Posts
    • 5,554 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:38 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:38 PM
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • samkumra
    • By samkumra 13th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    samkumra
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    Thanks, I've read that, and also many similar threads, although most are regarding overstaying 90 mins and not the 'leaving the premises' clause.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jul 18, 5:53 PM
    • 4,233 Posts
    • 5,554 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:53 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:53 PM
    You've missed two important bits in your reading first

Q - ''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case...my case is different''.

A - NO IT ISN'T. YOU DO NOT NEED SPECIFICS. FORGET THE DETAIL, MOST CASES ARE ALL THE SAME.

And secondly the template that you should send.
    This space for hire.
    • samkumra
    • By samkumra 13th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    samkumra
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    Wow this forum has changed, I thought it was a discussion forum! My original login with hundreds of posts logged is from 2005, it's locked out as I couldn't remember the password.

I was hoping to have a conversation with someone who has had a similar experience to mine.

Unfortunately it seems that it is now one size fits all and no other conversation is permitted...

The template refers to many things that are not applicable. MET are getting smarter and have already provided photographic evidence.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jul 18, 7:51 PM
    • 4,233 Posts
    • 5,554 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:51 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:51 PM
    Do you want the ticket to go away or do you want a long discussion about it? The templates are there to beat tickets rather than spend all day every day whinging and having tea and sympathy.

Personally I prefer just getting it sorted but if you want different that's fine I in no way would want to stifle discussion.

Feel free to discuss away.
    This space for hire.
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 13th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    kryten3000
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    Everyone here is too busy to engage in conversation.

Read the Newbies thread again.
    Complain to McDonalds management.
    Send MET the template appeal.
    Go and read VCS vs Ibbotson.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    • 19,468 Posts
    • 30,764 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    Want the issue sorted - work with the forum as it now operates.

Want tea, sympathy and cuddles - open a Mumsnet account.

Want to know more about 'leaving the site' issues - read here (but 'mitigation of loss' has stopped flying since Beavis):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231)
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 13th Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    • 5,373 Posts
    • 31,974 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    I will get the popcorn and put me feet up!
    Last edited by Blackbeard of Perranporth; 13-07-2018 at 8:37 PM. Reason: 8217 problems
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Coughing does not stop a Cardiac Arrest! Statins have not cured any electrical faults!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jul 18, 10:02 PM
    • 37,400 Posts
    • 84,280 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    There are a handful of regulars who post here. Sixty five threads covered today. That's a slow day as well as we normally get 80 to a 100 to work on. All done for free by people who have given up their time to help people like you.

You've been given the basic information you need to sort this out, or at least start to sort it out. It's in the NEWBIES. If you can't find it there you haven't spent enough time looking because your situation is covered precisely.

Your experience isn't just similar to the ones covered in the NEWBIES, it is precisely and succinctly covered there.

You beat this on landowner/manager complaints and on contract/civil law. Forget similar experiences, they are identical to all the rest.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jul 18, 10:07 PM
    • 19,468 Posts
    • 30,764 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Wow this forum has changed, I thought it was a discussion forum! My original login with hundreds of posts logged is from 2005, it's locked out as I couldn't remember the password.
    What user name were you using then?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,527 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I left car park for 11 minutes and spoke to security guard who said it was ok.
    Guess who probably issued that PCN/took the photos??!

Submit the usual appeal - honestly, submit that, no changes, on day 26 if it's a windscreen PCN - and complain to McDonalds as well, which may well get it cancelled. As per the NEWBIES thread where it explains that landowner/retailer complaint is the first thing to do, and why to wait till day 26 for appeal, if the PCN was a windscreen one.

Then at POPLA stage, why not search the forum for POPLA left the site and copy one someone wrote this year, in a similar situation? There are a few MET ones already this year, where their security guard chappie takes sneaky photos of a person walking away from their car, then sends the photos to MET who issue a postal PCN. Read those threads by searching.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Jul 18, 8:16 AM
    • 10,008 Posts
    • 9,837 Thanks
    The Deep
    Leaving site claims do not do well in court, so this is unlikely to get that far. Have you complainrs to MacD, written stuff on their facebook page, complained to your \Mp/

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,962Posts Today

7,439Users online

Martin's Twitter