Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pjones9985
    • By Pjones9985 13th Jul 18, 4:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pjones9985
    Ukcps
    • 13th Jul 18, 4:53 PM
    Ukcps 13th Jul 18 at 4:53 PM
    I have read the newbie thread on company car PCN and Im afraid I am a bit confused!!

The car is a company car and the PCN was sent to the lease company, who then sent it to an employer and they completed a form including the question ' We declare that the driver of the vehicle during the period of parking to which this charge relates was......'

The company then inserted the keepers name

Does this make things more difficult as the employer has named the driver??

Also how do you know if they have / have not complied with Schedule 4 of POFA?? The wording of this is complex for a person such as me

The PCN was sent by post to the keepers address accompanied only by the form completed by the employer and a photograph of the vehicle leaving site with their usual official looking letter
    Last edited by Pjones9985; 13-07-2018 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Change of information
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    • 4,670 Posts
    • 6,066 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    • 20,185 Posts
    • 31,856 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Is the consensus that I should pay or just ignore them??
    Neither. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 as your starting point. UKCPS are IPC operators, so read the sticky bearing that in mind.

Many thanks for any advice - I see most people have said dont pay these people but I wondered if there was any changes in the law recently
    Significant legal milestones - 2012 (Protection of Freedoms Act), 2015 (ParkingEye v Beavis). Nothing more recent since then. Both covered in the sticky.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jul 18, 5:00 PM
    • 37,705 Posts
    • 84,725 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:00 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:00 PM
    Edit your post to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Do this NOW before you do anything else!

Next, read the sticky thread for NEWBIES. Since this is a company car you will need to follow the advice from a poster called edna basher as this comes under the hire/lease car remit.

You are the day to day keeper and nobody must give away the driver's identity, ever.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-07-2018 at 5:02 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Pjones9985
    • By Pjones9985 13th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pjones9985
    • 13th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    Hi fruitcake many thanks for the advice.
    I am still unsure of which template to use from the forums - the PCN was sent to the lease company , the lease company told them the hirers name so it was sent there.
    When it reached the hirer they completed a form which includes the question 'We declare that the driver of the vehicle during the period of parking to which this parking charge relates was.....' and have inserted the keepers name
    The parking company then resent it to the keeper as a 'Notice to Hirer' (it does not include the letters PCN)
    Does this mess things up? Presumably the hirer should not be able to state who was driving as in reality they dont know - they would only know who was 'likely' to be driving but not in this case

The website for the parking company does not contain an email link to send appeals - they say they only accept written appeals - this seems to go against all the advice ive read (dont post, dont use registered post etc) - why is it not a good idea to use registered post?

If the wrong template is used then I guess it could mess up any chance of success??
    • DW190
    • By DW190 13th Jul 18, 6:46 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    DW190
    • 13th Jul 18, 6:46 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 6:46 PM
    'We declare that the driver of the vehicle during the period of parking to which this parking charge relates was.....' and have inserted the keepers name
    Originally posted by Pjones9985
    Unless the pen pusher at the Company actually saw you driving they are only making an assumption. What they should have put was that you was the keeper of the vehicle at the time.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jul 18, 8:48 PM
    • 20,185 Posts
    • 31,856 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:48 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:48 PM
    Use the template appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 - penned by Edna Basher.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

82Posts Today

1,548Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin