Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • c1223
    • By c1223 13th Jul 18, 10:35 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 2Thanks
    c1223
    Credit Issuer Closing Account
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:35 AM
    Credit Issuer Closing Account 13th Jul 18 at 10:35 AM
    Does a credit issuer closing your account (with 0 balance) show up any differently on a credit report than if I were to do it? Essentially Amex want to do a credit review, but I don't want to provide them with statements because I feel it is an invasion of privacy. I've paid off my card in full every month so don't see any issues. My plan is to just phone them up and close the account, although it I do end up providing the info and for some reason they decide to shut the account, I was wondering whether it would affect a credit report in a particular way?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    • 17,685 Posts
    • 18,820 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:37 AM
    It will simply show as a closed account. It doesn't show who closed it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,349Posts Today

8,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • What does resilience mean to you? For me it?s understanding my own limitations, physically and mentally? What about? https://t.co/CuuRLoQFTr

• Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• Follow Martin