Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Melissa4676
    • By Melissa4676 12th Jul 18, 10:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Melissa4676
    Credit card application - old landline issue?
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:35 PM
    Credit card application - old landline issue? 12th Jul 18 at 10:35 PM
    I am new to posting here so I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place!

I have recently applied for a credit card with MBNA for a balance transfer, and they have said they are able to offer me the card I want.
    Along with a few of the ordinary additional requests to confirm my identity (copy of passport/utility bill etc.) they are telling me that I am still appearing on the directory under the landline from my previous address.
    They suggested I contact Sky to have them remove this which I have done multiple times, but Sky claims I have no remaining connection to the old address and there is nothing they can do?
    MBNA cannot accept my application until this is done and itís the only thing standing in the way.

I have been scouring the internet for the answer or someone who has had a similar issue and I have found NOTHING

Does anyone out there have any idea what I can do, or has anyone even heard of anything like this happening before? Iím at a bit of a loose end!!
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Jul 18, 10:40 PM
    • 32,553 Posts
    • 20,483 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:40 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:40 PM
    Not heard of that before.

Have you checked your credit files at all 3 agencies, mse club is 1, Noddle is other, clearscore is another.
    • Melissa4676
    • By Melissa4676 12th Jul 18, 11:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Melissa4676
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:11 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 11:11 PM
    I have MSE and clearscore, for some reason noddle doesn!!!8217;t find me. Neither of these mention anything about landlines though, so I have no idea!
    • Craig1981
    • By Craig1981 13th Jul 18, 5:39 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    Craig1981
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:39 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 5:39 AM
    Check again with MBNA more details... Sky as far as i know (and experienced) doesn't appear on any credit file, unlike Virgin Media (appear on money club and Clearscore, but doesnt on Noddle)

could maybe be a linked associate at the address?

I have two Virgin accounts, at two addresses, as i pay for my folks one as well, as this has not even been questioned when i applied for my MBNA card last year...

hope all gets sorted
    • gionnetto
    • By gionnetto 14th Jul 18, 8:24 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    gionnetto
    • 14th Jul 18, 8:24 PM
    • 14th Jul 18, 8:24 PM
    I understand MBNA checks Experian and CallCredit, so get your statutory report from both and try and understand what the problem is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

241Posts Today

1,229Users online

Martin's Twitter