Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lowmiles
    • By lowmiles 12th Jul 18, 9:53 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 15Thanks
    lowmiles
    Plusnet Cashback Fail
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:53 PM
    Plusnet Cashback Fail 12th Jul 18 at 9:53 PM
    Has anyone on here had a problem with plusnet and their cashback offers? I recently switched broadband a couple of month ago, I received the cashback email replied and got sent a cheque which I cashed. I then got send another check which I did nothing with and then the original bounced, I later received an email saying a duplicate was sent in error and both had been cancelled but a new cheque would be with me within 14 days. That was a month ago. I few web chats later and I got the number to a separate company that deals with the cashback for plusnet and they said they'ed add me to a spreadsheet and email me. Seems a mess and amateur, if you're thinking of switching I'd consider whether its cheaper deal without the cashback as it may not materialise apparently. We'll see you right yeah right!
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Jul 18, 7:24 AM
    • 2,710 Posts
    • 1,336 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:24 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:24 AM
    Was that cashback offer from Plusnet themselves or someone like Topcashback? I thought companies (like PN, BT or Sky) always use a pre-paid credit card.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 13th Jul 18, 8:59 AM
    • 5,092 Posts
    • 2,241 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:59 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:59 AM
    The golden rule is never switch if the only financial justification is cashback -too many tales of consumers ending up with a dearer deal because the cashback never happens!!
    • lowmiles
    • By lowmiles 13th Jul 18, 3:12 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    lowmiles
    • 13th Jul 18, 3:12 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 3:12 PM
    No it was official Plusnet offer, and they did say they'ed send a card but then sent the cheques.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    • 9,116 Posts
    • 5,431 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 7:34 PM
    I had a cheque when joining PlusNet early two years ago. It arrived quickly and was easily cashed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,736Posts Today

8,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin