Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Euphoria1z
    • By Euphoria1z 12th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    • 919Posts
    • 207Thanks
    Euphoria1z
    0 WOW
    urgent (child) passport renwal
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    0 WOW
    urgent (child) passport renwal 12th Jul 18 at 8:32 PM
    Hi

I need to renew my child's passport urgently (travelling in 5 days) however checking the passport website it says you can renew an adult red passport within a day or two but a child's passport will be sent within one week of appointment date?

Ill be phoning the passport office tomorrow but can someone confirm if its possible to get a child's renewed passport within a few days or not?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Flugelhorn
    • By Flugelhorn 12th Jul 18, 8:45 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 1,246 Thanks
    Flugelhorn
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:45 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:45 PM
    looks like you can't get a same day / few days kid's passport - there are fair few stories online when there hasn't been enough time on child's passport and they have had trouble getting a very quick passport. There is mention that it is done for safeguarding reasons
    • Euphoria1z
    • By Euphoria1z 12th Jul 18, 8:50 PM
    • 919 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Euphoria1z
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:50 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:50 PM
    I understand if it was a first passport, but its a renewal, dont see why they cant do a 24 hour service like they do with an adult passport. its still actually valid for another 4 months but need 6 months to get a visa.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    • 20,979 Posts
    • 56,556 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:45 AM
    I understand if it was a first passport, but its a renewal, dont see why they cant do a 24 hour service like they do with an adult passport. its still actually valid for another 4 months but need 6 months to get a visa.
    Originally posted by Euphoria1z
    It doesn't matter what you think they should or could do.
    They don't do it.

Maybe you'll have luck with the Passport Office but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
    • rosie383
    • By rosie383 15th Jul 18, 7:56 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 10,359 Thanks
    rosie383
    • 15th Jul 18, 7:56 AM
    • 15th Jul 18, 7:56 AM
    Try getting an appointment at an office that will do it by next day. We are in Beds but travelled to Peterborough (managed to get an appointment ) and paid for next day delivery. Like you, we had realised with only days to spare. We got the passport the day before we were due to go. It's worth a try.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 15th Jul 18, 8:09 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    koalakoala
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:09 AM
    • 15th Jul 18, 8:09 AM
    Try getting an appointment at an office that will do it by next day. We are in Beds but travelled to Peterborough (managed to get an appointment ) and paid for next day delivery. Like you, we had realised with only days to spare. We got the passport the day before we were due to go. It's worth a try.
    Originally posted by rosie383

For a child?
    • ponytail1
    • By ponytail1 16th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ponytail1
    • 16th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    child renewal
    • 16th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    we recently done ours and it took 3 weeks as they need to write to the person signing the photos who had to sign a verification letter and send it back. The same person signed another persons child passport and had to do the same process.

These were also just simple renewal's.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 4th Aug 18, 3:02 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Sib2018
    • 4th Aug 18, 3:02 PM
    • 4th Aug 18, 3:02 PM
    Did you manage to sort this, as we are in exactly the same position passport has ran out holiday is on Thursday.
    • photome
    • By photome 4th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 13,592 Posts
    • 9,093 Thanks
    photome
    • 4th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 4th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    Hi

I need to renew my child's passport urgently (travelling in 5 days) however checking the passport website it says you can renew an adult red passport within a day or two but a child's passport will be sent within one week of appointment date?

Ill be phoning the passport office tomorrow but can someone confirm if its possible to get a child's renewed passport within a few days or not?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Euphoria1z
    Originally posted by rosie383
    For a child?
    Originally posted by koalakoala
    Updates would be good
    • f4phixeruk
    • By f4phixeruk 5th Aug 18, 12:05 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    f4phixeruk
    Is this not a safeguard to stop a parent from taking a child out of the country, without the other parents permission ??
    • soolin
    • By soolin 5th Aug 18, 9:10 AM
    • 61,056 Posts
    • 43,617 Thanks
    soolin
    Did you manage to sort this, as we are in exactly the same position passport has ran out holiday is on Thursday.
    Originally posted by Sib2018
    After the initial 2 posts the OP never came back to the thread so probably won't see your message.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • photome
    • By photome 5th Aug 18, 9:39 AM
    • 13,592 Posts
    • 9,093 Thanks
    photome
    After the initial 2 posts the OP never came back to the thread so probably won't see your message.
    Originally posted by soolin

yet was logged in on the 3/8
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 7th Aug 18, 6:22 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Sib2018
    Well good news, managed to get appointment today in Durham. 2 hour drive, passport will be ready for tomorrow afternoon another 2 hour drive to pickup from Durham.
    • photome
    • By photome 7th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    • 13,592 Posts
    • 9,093 Thanks
    photome
    Well good news, managed to get appointment today in Durham. 2 hour drive, passport will be ready for tomorrow afternoon another 2 hour drive to pickup from Durham.
    Originally posted by Sib2018
    Was this a child’s passport same as the OP
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 7th Aug 18, 7:39 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Sib2018
    No I misunderstood won't be ready for tomorrow more likely next week, so pretty gutted. Just means will have to fly out later.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,529Posts Today

9,025Users online

Martin's Twitter