Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andy_14
    • By Andy_14 12th Jul 18, 5:51 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Andy_14
    Msecure Password Manager Replacement
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:51 PM
    Msecure Password Manager Replacement 12th Jul 18 at 5:51 PM
    I've been using Msecure (app) to manage my account information (via my iPhone) for many years. It a very simple manager and one of the first. It stores all the information in a database that's heavily encrypted on the the phone and allows sync'ing to other devices. It's not based in the cloud and only has a one off fee to purchase it. I love this product and would not know what to do without it.

BUT. It's old. It's eventually not going to run on the latest iOS and already doesn't support FaceId (which will be an issue when I upgrade to the 6.1" LCD iphone later this year).

Can any of you recommend other such products that are very much up-to-date and still being supported / developed ? I have tried LastPass, but was left underwhelmed and it's FAR more complex as it aims to do FAR more (and costs money every month).

Thanks for any feedback.
Page 1
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 12th Jul 18, 7:09 PM
    • 1,627 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:09 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:09 PM
    I use 1Password on my iPhone SE. It opens with a fingerprint and can display passwords in large text with numbers a different colour to letters (ideal to manually enter on another device). It links with Safari to auto enter passwords when you prompt Safari (bring up the square box with the up arrow).

I paid a one off payment to enhance the basic version, but I didn't need to pay a recurring payment. I see the App Store mentions a 3.99 per month subscription, I think that is to enable synchronisation with a desktop PC, laptop, etc.
    Last edited by Frozen_up_north; 12-07-2018 at 7:17 PM.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 12th Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    • 3,696 Posts
    • 1,781 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    https://alternativeto.net/software/msecure/?platform=iphone
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • Dime Bar
    • By Dime Bar 12th Jul 18, 8:21 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    Dime Bar
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:21 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 8:21 PM
    I would recommend BitWarden, I find it fantastic. I moved to it from Lastpass Premium about 18 months ago.
    The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    Arthur C. Clarke
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,160Posts Today

7,751Users online

Martin's Twitter