Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paulmmm
    • By Paulmmm 12th Jul 18, 4:46 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Paulmmm
    Working tax credits and OU study
    • 12th Jul 18, 4:46 PM
    Working tax credits and OU study 12th Jul 18 at 4:46 PM
    Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to still be on working tax credits while studying full time at the Open University? By this I mean working 30hrs a week while completing 120 OU credits worth of modules in a year.

I know for student loan purposes the OU is always classed as part time study. Is this also true for working tax credits? Because as far as I know, working tax credits and other benefits exclude anyone classed as a full time student. 120 credits/year would be full time at a brick uni.

Thanks
    Paul
    Last edited by Paulmmm; 12-07-2018 at 4:48 PM.
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 12th Jul 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5,190 Posts
    • 3,385 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:31 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:31 PM
    If you are working the required number of hours then being a student in your spare time is not relevant to wtc.
    • MarkN88
    • By MarkN88 13th Jul 18, 9:01 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    MarkN88
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:01 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:01 AM
    Yeah I did exactly what you described when I did some studying with them and it never impacted the WTC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,893Posts Today

8,929Users online

Martin's Twitter