Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 12th Jul 18, 4:23 PM
    • 671Posts
    • 534Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    Has anyone used LISA yet for purchase (Skipton?)
    • 12th Jul 18, 4:23 PM
    Has anyone used LISA yet for purchase (Skipton?) 12th Jul 18 at 4:23 PM
    Hi,

both myself and my wife are in the process of purchasing a property.

We have funds in our Skipton LISAs that pretty much is the full deposit (~ 50 short).

I've raised a query with them regarding why the funds haven't been released and they say they will release them one day prior to completion.

We have both complained that we cannot exchange (and therefore set a completion date) until the funds are released and we await their reply.

Has anyone got any feedback because I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall when we try to explain that there won't be a completion date if they don't release the funds for exchange.
Page 1
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 12th Jul 18, 7:01 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:01 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:01 PM
    I have found Skipton great.

Send them a message on Facebook if you are on there or twitter. Im pretty sure that you will get someone from their social media team able to look into it for you.

https://www.facebook.com/skiptonbs/
    • dfbefore30
    • By dfbefore30 12th Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    dfbefore30
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    Hi
    I'm in the middle of a house purchase with a LISA and we still don't have a firm date (hopefully 27th July but who knows). Skipton have released my money to my conveyancer today, so what you've been told isn't correct.
    • diggingdude
    • By diggingdude 12th Jul 18, 10:27 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    diggingdude
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:27 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 10:27 PM
    Definitely not correct, i spoke to them at length before opening an account with them. Solicitor requests funds then they have about 30 days to get money through
    House Deposit - Target 20000 April 2019
    Current Savings - 10225 13121.22 14621.22 16021
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 13th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    • 671 Posts
    • 534 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    They have stated that "there was some mis-communication between themselves and the solicitors as they did not request it for exchange".

This is despite the fact that the form they use (Conveyancer Declaration Form) not asking for a date for the funds to be released.

They stated that by default they release them 1 day prior to completion unless requested otherwise...

They have agreed to send the funds ASAP and are getting the confirmation out for electronic signing today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

4,434Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin