Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sealtainn
    • By Sealtainn 12th Jul 18, 4:03 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Sealtainn
    Old CCJ Enforcement
    • 12th Jul 18, 4:03 PM
    Old CCJ Enforcement 12th Jul 18 at 4:03 PM
    In 2004 I had a CCJ issued against me for a credit card debt from an English Court, this was suspended due to my employment status at the time. I heard nothing since until receiving a letter to day from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors requesting that I complete an Income & Expenditure form. However as I now live in Scotland, I understand that they would need to apply to the Scottish Courts to get it enforced. I would argue that 14 years is an entirely unreasonable amount of time to now be seeking payment.
    Any advice on what to do?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 12th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    • 7,514 Posts
    • 8,143 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    Is this the same CCJ as mentioned in this thread from 2015? If so, are you still making regular payments, as this would prevent the debt from becoming statute barred?

Assuming it is the same debt, I'd have thought that the advice given previously would still apply....
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 12th Jul 18, 5:08 PM
    • 851 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:08 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:08 PM
    This is not straightforward I suspect.

Try here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,445Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin