Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • d0nkeyk0ng
    • By d0nkeyk0ng 12th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    • 578Posts
    • 216Thanks
    d0nkeyk0ng
    Pcm ticket
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    Pcm ticket 12th Jul 18 at 12:09 PM
    Last week the driver stopped at a petrol station for two things - one to drop someone off at a bus stop, and to buy some food to eat. The driver went into the shop to get some food.

Keeper had a notice from pcm alleging "parking in a parking area reserved for patrons whilst on premises only".

Given that the driver used the facilities, is it worth arguing this?
    Last edited by d0nkeyk0ng; 12-07-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    • 37,027 Posts
    • 83,647 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:14 PM
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what.
    Only ever refer to The Driver, The Keeper, and An Occupant of the car.

Please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the blue template appeal you will find there. Add a one liner stating An Occupant of the car was a customer, and include copies of receipts or redacted bank/card statements if possible.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • d0nkeyk0ng
    • By d0nkeyk0ng 12th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    d0nkeyk0ng
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    Driver paid in cash. If there's cctv (which petrol stations use to track fuel-and-run drivers), it would show driver entering and leaving the shop.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 4,791 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    Driver paid in cash. If there's cctv (which petrol stations use to track fuel-and-run drivers), it would show driver entering and leaving the shop.
    Do a very quick Subject Access Request for your registration before they wipe the data.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/
    About me: Capricorn. Likes: Tight defences, the tighter the better. Lucidity. Dislikes: Loquaciousness and magic words. WLTM: Someone with the facts, a private income and their own copy of the White Book.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jul 18, 2:02 PM
    • 18,410 Posts
    • 29,144 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:02 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:02 PM
    Why not get in touch with the garage and ask them to intervene and get this cancelled? Take any receipts/bank/cc statements to prove you were a customer on the day. Take back issues of receipts/statements if you're a regular customer.

(I wouldn't be surprised if a garage employee sneakily took the photos and uploaded them to PCM.)
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 59,555 Posts
    • 72,719 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    Last week the driver stopped at a petrol station for two things - one to drop someone off at a bus stop, and to buy some food to eat. The driver went into the shop to get some food.

Keeper had a notice from pcm alleging "parking in a parking area reserved for patrons whilst on premises only".

Given that the driver used the facilities, is it worth arguing this?
    Originally posted by d0nkeyk0ng
    Always worth defeating a PCM scam PCN! Appeal it without saying what happened, putting PCM to prove their evidence (and showing any proof if you have it, that the driver was a patron).

And in the NEWBIES thread it says to try IAS v PCM, because they are not always great at prima facie evidence. I would be surprised if they have evidence of the driver leaving the site (a photo of a random person walking, is not the driver!).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,205Posts Today

8,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Or maybe you just want to know some tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals??

• About to start @thismorning talking about why everyone should check their mortgage rates and then may be able to sa? https://t.co/ulkdPb031h

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you / would you wear fur? Reports coming out today that even some fur labeled fake actual? https://t.co/QUh6P9TVgh

• Follow Martin