Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jaypsarticus
    • By Jaypsarticus 12th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 24Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jaypsarticus
    SOA - quick question.
    • 12th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    SOA - quick question. 12th Jul 18 at 9:43 AM
    Hi all and good morning.

Just a quick question.
    I am moving in with my partner so we will be creating a new SOA to reflect that with our combined income.

Question - do I put the total household expenditures on the form? For example, partners car loan and mobile phone bill? The full council tax bill or just my %? Do I put food on to reflect a family of 4 of just what I eat?

Thanks in advance

Jason
Page 1
    • mummyofboys1985
    • By mummyofboys1985 12th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mummyofboys1985
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    Really depends how you intend to sort the bills?

Will you both go 50/50, pay own bills and only split household items? The food bill I'd put down 50% of that not just 25%.

If you put your SOA up here we can have a look
  • National Debtline
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    Hi Jason

The OR will want to see all your household income and all your household outgoings. That's so they can calculate how much is a fair share for you to pay towards the running of the household. If you earn more than your partner, you will pay a bigger share of bills.

Your partner will not be asked to contribute anything towards your debts or into your bankruptcy. The OR will just be using the information to work out whether you personally can afford an IPA.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

894Posts Today

6,474Users online

Martin's Twitter